Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
adgpro
adgpro began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Problem converting PDF to EPUB in calibre

As the owner of a music educational publishing co. I am in the process of trying to convert some of our books from PDF to EPUB files to be used on an ipad. We are trying to convert music notation and text and am having difficulty. I wonder if there is anyone who may be able to give some advice. I have included the original PDF file and the converted EPUB file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Andrew Gordon
ADG Productions
http://www.adgproductions.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 05-06.pdf (67.4 KB, 469 views)
File Type: epub 05-06 - Unknown.epub (56.4 KB, 323 views)
adgpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is something strange with your PDF.

I thought saving it to HTML first might improve things by separating the images from the text, so I fired up Adobe Acrobat and tried to save it. No joy. Acrobat gives me the error shown in the attachment. I don't know if this would cause your problems, but it certainly prevents acrobat from correctly saving the document.

Can the original source be printed/saved to something other than PDF? For example, can it be saved to rtf or html? PDF is notoriously difficult to deal with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Acrobat_error.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	54543  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
adgpro
adgpro began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thats odd because, I can view the file in acrobat reader without any problem.
adgpro is offline   Reply With Quote