Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
zzw007008
zzw007008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 International
Usbnetwork problem after updating to 2.5.2

Hi everybody,

Just have one question. I have a kindle 2 international. I updated it to 2.5.2 today without any difficulties. After that I want to try to install some fonts to kindle so I installed usbNetwork. The installation file finished on kindle but I don't think the hack works with 2.5.2 . I've been trying to uninstall it without success. Every time the update process fails. I tried to reinstall 2.5.2 but it fails too.

So the question is if I reset kindle to factory defaults, will this uninstall the hack?

Thanks
zzw007008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzw007008 View Post
The installation file finished on kindle but I don't think the hack works with 2.5.2 .
Are you sure the installation finished successfully? Or do you just think that it may have done?

The "reset to factory" will NOT deinstall the hack if it really installed. I suspect that you never installed it, so you might as well not worry about it.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
englishbee
The English Bee
englishbee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Will not work

Unfortunately usbNetwork does not work in 2.5.2. Any hacks???

The English Bee
englishbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
No hack yet, but as soon as there is, it will be posted here somewhere.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
chmac
chmac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 US Wireless
I think this is what you're after, I believe the hack has been posted. (I'm also posting this to remove the "you haven't posted yet" message!)
chmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert