Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #46
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They probably just have mutliple "editions" of it. I suppose I don't really need suggest that you take the cheaper option.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #47
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
"I'll have to buy the White Album all over again."

Natch--or is it Nathan?--I realise that the device itself has its drawbacks, and that all the goofy format issues are not some evil plot from SONY. In fact, one of the main reasons that I even considered buying from them again was the inclusion of an SD card slot. Am sure everyone remembers the overly-proprietary nature of many of their products (memory stix, Beta, Blu-Ray). While I am sad that SONY & Microsoft cannot play together, I am encouraged by the good will engendered in such an inclusion (i.e. the SD card, the different formats).

Why all the different formats, and why all the difficulty between them? In other words, I want this fast, I want it exceptional quality, and I want to pay $1.49 for it.
There are lots of sound economic and techinical reason why not, and I understand most of them. I realise that ebooks are the same as real books because I am not paying for the paper, the binding, or the ink, I'm paying for the data, the marketing, the hotel room in NYC when the author's on the Today Show.
However, it still stings, and it still prevents a number of people from embracing the new culture. That's why I said 'for most people.'
I'm still going to wring my hands over having one of these cool little gadgets, but I may have to wait for the PRS-550 or the PRS 561a
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #48
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu
In other words, I want this fast, I want it exceptional quality, and I want to pay $1.49 for it.
Fast, cheap or good - pick two.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote