Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #16
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
greenapple, ECO Reader firmware is freely downloadable to ECO Reader owners.

If you purchase an ECO Reader, you gain access to the firmware updates via our server.

We notify ECO Reader owners when new firmware updates are available. Also, our customers can advise us of the features they want in their firmware.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #17
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I've spoken to the local importer for eco reader. I've been told by a couple of staff in that firm that Eco does not support text (.txt) files containing Chinese characters.

Better not risk buying it.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I've spoken to the local importer for eco reader. I've been told by a couple of staff in that firm that Eco does not support text (.txt) files containing Chinese characters.

Better not risk buying it.
the Chinese characters set are in a separate download available from Hanlin and on the Astak EZReader site. The device is a pure clone I believe and will take all the available firmware versions.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #19
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for the info, DaleDe.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote