Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
elzdekorte
elzdekorte began at the beginning.

Device: mobile phone
How to read other than epub on android?

Hi, I'm Elz and I like this forum very much.

I have a question but I cannot find the answer: how can I read other formats on my android G1 than epub? The reader software (Aldiko and FBReader) only supports EPUB. I'd love to read LRF, PRC etc.

Is there something like Stanza for android? I cannot find it.

thanks,
Elz
elzdekorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Use Calibre on a desktop PC (has its own forum here), to convert from almost all formats to ePub.

Note that FBReaderJ does support FB2 and "modern" MOBI/PRC ebooks (those with metadata, but not using MobiPocket's high compression option).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
elzdekorte
elzdekorte began at the beginning.

Device: mobile phone
I am on Mac and I downloaded Stanza for my iMac and that did the trick, the other formats can be exported into epub, so I found it out myself, but thanks a lot!
Elz
elzdekorte is offline   Reply With Quote