Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #211
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Slave-driver! I just wrote that last chapter, AFTER working all day and then wrangling a toddler! And then I waded thru crocodile-infested swamp to get home.... (ok, that last bit's a SLITE exaggeration)
*groan*
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #212
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hear groaning. What's going on in here?

I'm... not writing. Right now. Having just come down from Verdant Skies and wiring together Denial of Service (if you'd read them, you'd get it!), I'm kicking ideas around for my next project, but haven't committed to any of them yet. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to better promote Verdant Skies, as it's opening sales have been pathetic. I may spend some time on marketing before starting the next writing project, depending on the breaks.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #213
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm working on a fantastic-realism YA novella told in vignettes. And when I'm done with that I'll be gearing up National Novel Writing Month Hopefully I'll be putting some of my writing up on Smashwords soon.
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #214
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Writing Hoppersville, Re-writing the ending to a horror novel called Lazarine, editing Beneath a Bloodshot Moon, rewriting the ending to The Song of Insects, tidying up the Mortgage of Ghosts
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #215
AceTachyon
Writer of SF/F Pulp Adven
AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Continuing to write episodes of my serial. Doing revisions on a military SF novel.
AceTachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #216
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
My Eee ran out of battery last night, and I had to write an episode of Dropbear ON PAPER WITH A PEN. On the TRAIN. I am traumatised.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #217
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
My Eee ran out of battery last night, and I had to write an episode of Dropbear ON PAPER WITH A PEN. On the TRAIN. I am traumatised.

Pen and Paper, what are these things? I have a vague recollection.....
Old 08-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #218
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Pen and Paper, what are these things? I have a vague recollection.....
It's like making a font with no RAM, where you have to create a bitmap of every single letter you use, even if you've just used it.

Sad and terrifying.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #219
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
It's like making a font with no RAM, where you have to create a bitmap of every single letter you use, even if you've just used it.

Sad and terrifying.
I'm am saddened and terrified by this 'input system' you speak of. Won't somebody think of the Children!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #220
AceTachyon
AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Traumatised?

Egads, I feel old now...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #221
AceTachyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm am saddened and terrified by this 'input system' you speak of. Won't somebody think of the Children!!
Saddened and terrified?

What?!?!?

You speak as if pen and paper were stone age tools--

Oooo! Look! Woolly mammoths!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #222
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTachyon View Post
Traumatised?

Egads, I feel old now...
LOL!

I have never coped well with writing fiction penwise, longhand - even when that was the only option. I always wanted it to go faster...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #223
AceTachyon

Quote:
LOL!

I have never coped well with writing fiction penwise, longhand - even when that was the only option. I always wanted it to go faster...
You kids and your faster-ness...

Why, back in my day, we didn't go fast. We walked slower'n molassess in January!

And we loved it!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #224
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTachyon View Post
You kids and your faster-ness...

Why, back in my day, we didn't go fast. We walked slower'n molassess in January!

And we loved it!

I walk slow, but I think fast
Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #225
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once I was out of Junior High, I never wrote anything longhand, except notes for what I would later type. For awhile, I wrote story breakdowns in longhand, but I gave that up when I got my first PDA in the 1990s.

Writing prose longhand? Don't think so.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote