Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
eqsiu
eqsiu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
importing text files to sony reader...

Is there a way to import .txt files (without conversion) and specify an author in the library? I haven't had much luck converting to .lrf- usually the text is too small to reader on my prs-505.
eqsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I've been considering creating a basic LaTeX file which would contain a list of things I'd want to refer to when on the go --- perhaps this would be helpful?

What sort of information are you wanting to refer to?

I've been considering:

- current shopping list(s)
- addresses and phone numbers of family / friends
- calendar
- to-do list

Any other thoughts?

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqsiu View Post
Is there a way to import .txt files (without conversion) and specify an author in the library? I haven't had much luck converting to .lrf- usually the text is too small to reader on my prs-505.
The best way to handle text files is to use Calibre's txt2lrf (or is it text2lrf) or Book Designer to convert to LRF. You can specify the font size, put in page breaks, and you can also have proper metadata as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqsiu View Post
Even Book Designer allows you to choose the size of the font when making an LRF book. Which program have you been using?

As for text files; they can go directly into the Reader. Experiment with font sizes. You can edit the metadata by right-clicking on the icon and editing the properties. This also works with RTF and DOC.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote