Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #46
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo666 View Post
thanks for the link, tshering!

nop, can't find any slideshow in the 2.9.0. the folder is completely gone,and there seem to be no .png files at all. also, ja seems to be tied more to dictionaries. it's both in the dictionary folder, and ja.conf has adresses mentioning dictionaries.

if nickel needs to close down, can't we make use of the "killall nickel" function? found it while snooping in udev/usv, line 80, it's called if it finds a .tgz in root and thus shuts down for updating. though it might kill the sleepfunction too.

one more thing, what do you guys use to see code lines in libnickel.so.1.0.0? i'm using a hexeditor, but the output is far from lines of code such as i see you quoting.
So when you looked at KoboRoot.tgz in your file compression program ( I use WinRAR) and navigated .\usr > local > Kobo and looked at these files:
"demoloop.sh", "demoloopfnac.sh" and "demoloopja.sh", you found nothing that indicates there will be a folder named slideshow that will have folders with #.gz files? .gz is an extension for Gimp image files. Edit:It is better known as the GNU compression format, something like zip or RAR. In the context of the script files though, they will be image files.

"Notepad++" Is good for many scripting and programing languages, it can also be set to provide the correct "end of line" for the OS that the file will be used in.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-03-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #47
cosmo666
cosmo666 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-650, kobo aura
no, no, the .sh files are there, but the .png aren't(nor the .gz files that are referenced) i'm crossreferencing 2.8.1 and 2.9.0. (never ran any of their scripts, just unrared them, but output is still different)the fact that demo mode on aura works as code, but with a single blank page, makes me think the slideshow code is a leftover, or just keeping the functionailty intact for the glow/touch/mini/hd, but the aura wasn't supposed to have them. i think it could be fixed by making a slideshow folder, but i don't know the codename for the aura. i believe the aurahd is dragon?

and yeah, npad++ is a must nowadays

thanks peterT, i'll look into it!
cosmo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #48
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
[deviceCodeName="phoenix"]

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #49
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I updated the bash script in #41 to make it easier to customize and saver to use.

cosmo666,
I hinted to the 2.9.0 FW link so that you can take its libnickel.so.1.0.0 (no reference to slideshow pictures intended). As to the slideshow picture in my script, this was only an example of how to display a picture on the screen. I suppose everybody using this script will put her own picture there.
As to the format of the picture one has to use the raw format (and optionally gzip it). Here is how to make the raw format.

From the two hacks I have introduced in this thread, both have pros and cons.
1. replacing the the png stream in libnickel
pro: easy installation, good performance
con: restriction because of the limited size of the image file, works only with certain affiliates

2. replacing the system call in libnickel
pro: more flexibility with the size of the image file
con: slower performance, dependence on external data, displaying the original sleep screen image before showing the custom image

Last edited by tshering; 11-04-2013 at 03:38 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote