Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow New Multitasking feature for Onyx Boox. Wanna try it?

Hi guys!

If you want to try the new Multitasking feature here is it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ltitasking.rar

Unzip and copy "apps" and "lib" folders and the update.oar file directly from archive in the folder which appears when you connect your Boox to the computer (internal memory of your device, where you usually create folders for your library).

In your device click on update.oar

After reboot (automatically) you can use it.
Please note that this tool is still beta!

The feature works on M92, i62HD and i62HD Firefly (cross platform)

On "i" models in the Task Bar instead of an icon for Task Manager there is an empty place right to the Menu icon - click on it.

Your feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-24-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Hi Booxtor,

I've tried to install it in my i62HD but I cannot see the empty place. I have clicked on update.oar and the Boox has restarted, but afterwards I cannot see the change. When I open a book I have the menu icon (it looks like a page), a refresh icon (a circular arrow) and the progress bar. Should it be there?
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
First Impression - I like it. It is very fast when switching between two documents.

A small bug on my m92 :-
Suppose documents A and B are open. After closing document B device returns to explorer. Now there are two ways to access document A :
1) via task manager icon in toolbar - device will hang in this case
2) clicking on its actual icon - device does not hang in this case and i can continue with my work

Last edited by Feher; 04-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
wunderbar!

it works! with PDF Reader, Scribble.app, explorer, FBReader, Wikipedia (but not with Coolreader, Picsel Viewer, HTML Viewer or cbr-viewer) max. 4 tasks are allowed.

it remembers the different tools choosen in each different PDF! , but not the dictionary, when i open a dictionary in one pdf it shows also in another pdf, where i did not choose it

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-23-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Thank you, on i62M HD - works!
Great joy!
The problem that I found, long tap - turn causes closures of tasks (documents). So it should be?
No icon (near the "menu"), but responds well to push! :-)))

Спасибо на i62M HD работает!
Радость большая!!!
Проблема, найденная мной, долгий тап - вызывает очередь закрытий задач (документов). Так и должно быть?
Иконки нет (около меню), но на нажатие реагирует хорошо! :-)))
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
After update no menu icon, nothing has changed.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Firmware Version 1.8.1 20121113
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
After update no menu icon, nothing has changed.
Have you tried to install from the root directory of internal memory?
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDesBois View Post
Have you tried to install from the root directory of internal memory?
This worked for me. I was trying to update from a subfolder. Thanks!
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
Defenderland
Groupie

"root" is a subfolder!
And the files are extracted into "multitasking" subfolder.
This explanation is garbage.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
"root" is a subfolder!
And the files are extracted into "multitasking" subfolder.
This explanation is garbage.
Try it: extract it from the "multitasking" subfolder, i.e. put the "apps" and "lib" folders and "update.oar" at lowest level possible in your internal memory. Then run update.oar from your onyx.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
Defenderland
Groupie

Error message:
Nothing to do with file "update.oar".
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
Defenderland
Groupie

No wonder why Linux doesn't get a feet on the ground. 30 years behind.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
RobinDesBois

You should NOT extract the content of the files "apps" and "lib", however. Please note that.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
Defenderland
Groupie

What does that mean I "should not extract the content of the files "apps" and "lib""?
"apps" and "lib" are not files, they are folders.