Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
So, final day. be sure to pick up anything you thought you might like to pick up, yadda, yadda, etc.

A few more minor Smashwords RAEBW sale things:

J. Kathleen Cheney (science fiction, fantasy, Nebula finalist, ISFDB entry) offers several short stories free to download or at You Set the Price, and a mini-collection of 3 shorts at 99 cents (sequel to her YSTP; I think I'll give that one a go and if I like the writing, pick this one up)

Terry O'Dell (police procedural mysteries & romantic suspense, published by Five Star) offers one of her previously published romance novels free with coupon, a short story free to download, and a story collection for 99 cents

Joel Arnold (horror, ISFDB entry) offers a short story free to download and 50% off selected works

David Bain (horror, psychic detective thrillers, ISFDB entry) offers a short story free to download and 50% off selected works

Melissa L. Webb (horror, children's, ISFDB entry) offers several items free to download or with coupon, and 75% off a paranormal/horror novel

Simon Wood (horror, thrillers, ISFDB entry) offers 50% selected works including a short story collection which looks to contain the published stuff

Edward W. Robertson (science fiction, horror, ISFDB entry) offers a novel free with coupon, several stories free to download, and 50% off selected works
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yet more from the last-minute Smashwords sale trawl:

Madeline Baker (historical & western romance, backlist republished by Ellora's Cave Blush imprint) offers a novel free with coupon and 25% off selected works

Troy D. Smith (has had stories appear in Louis L'Amour Magazine) offers a western/horror short free with coupon and 50% off a western/drama novel

John D. Nesbitt (western, published by Dorchester/Leisure) offers a story free with coupon and selected novel-length works seem to be $1.99 or less

I don't feel like checking through the rest and linking to individual profiles, so I'm just going to point to the above few authors' republisher, Western Trail Blazer, which looks to have a goodly selection of established authors in the western and western romance genres and are offering several items free with coupon and a number of sale titles from 25-75% off, from the looks of it.

(ETA: Also some free to download and free with coupon shorts from the same authors via Rebecca J. Vickery Publishing, which is apparently the parent imprint.)

Janice Daugharty (southern literary fiction, published by Bell Bridge Books & HarperCollins; we've gotten official freebies from her in the past) offers a short free with coupon and 75% off her 1996 backlist novel

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #18
ATDrake
Wizzard

As it turns out, respected LGBT specialty publisher Lethe Press is also participating in Smashwords' RAEBW sale, with 25-75% off selected works, including 75% the American Library Association's Over the Rainbow list pick Heiresses of Russ 2011: The Year’s Best Lesbian Speculative Fiction which I included as a bargain over at Weightless eBooks' FTR sale several days ago when it was 50% off, and will shortly be picking up myself since I held off getting it there.

(ETA: They also offer ree with coupon story collections by Catherine Lundoff & Simon Sheppard. And several anthologies, actually.)

ETA: Joe Jackson, who has written articles for Rolling Stone magazine and other music industry publications, offers 50-75% off selected celebrity biographies, which he says contain previously published material.

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-10-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #19
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I really enjoyed the read an ebook week sale over at Smashwords. I picked up a lot of novel length books during the week. My TBR pile will be well stocked for quite some time to come.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 AM   #20
ATDrake
Wizzard

Personally, I thought it was going to be a really slow year for me, and only had about 4 paid items in the cart earlier.

But then it turns out that Lethe Press was not only offering a slew of freebies (some spec fic!), but also had a whole bunch of LGBT-themed speculative fiction anthologies with Nebula/Hugo/World Fantasy award nominees in them for 50-75% off and a backlist Tor fantasy by Melissa Scott also, so I splurged on them as well.

Still spent less than half of what I did this time last year, mind you.

(Smashwords sale seems to still be going on at the moment. Last year, they ended it at 9 PM PST, IIRC, much to the woe of people experiencing final hour site problems. Less traffic this year, perhaps?)
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thank you so much for this thread! I never knew before about Read an Ebook Week (teaches me to visit here more often )

Now I'm tired, but happy.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #22
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I did pretty well on finding books at Smashwords during the week. I added them all up and calculated their total cost in a spreadsheet. The number of books and the total $ I saved caught me offguard. 596 books (one I somehow bought twice though I can't figure how that happened), and $1,851.07 saved in total.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #23
ATDrake
Wizzard

Turns out I spent more than I thought. I bought 24 RAEBW titles for $42.71 from Smashwords at discounts generally from 50-75% off, and picked up another 15 or so freebies which were books I could reasonably have expected to have considered buying myself for the same discounts should they have been offered for sale (I know this because one of them was a collection I actually did buy when it was on sale at Weightless Books last year).

I also picked up a bunch of morbid curiosity freebies which I probably would not have paid as much as 25 cents for the lot of. And that's why I have more than one Smashwords account.

Last year, 30 titles for $57.21, at mostly discounts of 25-50% off. There was more stuff on offer then, which also happened to be more appealing. Too bad we didn't get as many repeat offerings, since I would have liked to picked up some more-by-same-author/imprint if they'd been available.