Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
padna
padna began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage pocket edge
Unhappy Flashed PE with EE- Major OOps!

I was too much in a hurry and made the ultimate mistake. R.I.P my double screened friend. I know others in this forum have made the same mistake, and it looks as if the only fix is the serial - surgery method- I'm not technically comfortable with that, sooooos I'll wait until another viable method is found. If not, I'd still like to thank all of you who really made me enjoy my PE with your posts. Even with all the other tablets/ereaders out there, I believe this is the Reese's Cup to beat them all.
padna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Don't count it out just yet. Try the DINGO restore with no checks. That should do it for you.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
welcome to the wonderful borking club. I am your bork master! try dingo (modified to ignore the device id checks) than serial *May* work.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
padna

Thanks to both- so there might still be hope. Are you referring to the 'Golden' DINGO restore?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
It is definitely not possible to flash with dingo once you've flashed with the EE firmware on the PE. Believe me, toyz and I probably tried it like a hundred times.

Making the cable is really the only difficult part. Opening the case is super easy if you have a #0 screwdriver. And as long as you don't try to remove the motherboard, it is highly unlikely you will break anything.

The only fix that will be ever be available for this break will be via serial, because your buttons will no longer work to get you into the maintenance kernel. Sorry. In the future, if we are able to port clockwork mod, if you have installed clockwork mod FIRST, you probably can fix the problem without going to serial. But you will not otherwise be able to.

What's your general location? Maybe someone will be kind enough to loan you their cable.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
padna

North GA- Thank you for the loan offer- I've looked at the diagrams for the wiring, and I think I can do it with a little precaution and a beer. I appreciate your input.