Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #121
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
myts?

Highly doubtful. very highly doubtful. Extremely highly very doubtful. Unbeliev.... well you get the idea.

Probably not.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #122
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
baf's xterm and matchbox keyboard port might work though.... you'd have to have a way to launch it...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #123
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
myts depends on reading keyboard input events. To work on K4 and later kindles, it would have to be modified to support the onscreen keyboards, perhaps using touchscreen input events to emulate a keyboard (or K4 fiveway pad support for onscreen keyboard navigation).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #124
Ondra
Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Ondra is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle3
Colors in myts

Thank you to all for great terminal app for kindle. There is bug with colors in myts. I thing that myts accept only one paramater in esc[ sequence... You can see right colors representation and on second picture screenshot from myts and kindle. I thing that colors handling is done in terminal.c:

terminal.c: * for foreground color, the next 3 bits are background color.
terminal.c: * attributes -- we use bits for foreground and bg color.
terminal.c: case 30: /* Set foreground color: black */
terminal.c: case 31: /* Set foreground color: red */

Can anyone help me with solving this problem ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moz-screenshot.png
Views:	360
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	99004   Click image for larger version

Name:	barvy.png
Views:	391
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	99005  
Ondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #125
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondra View Post
Thank you to all for great terminal app for kindle. There is bug with colors in myts. I thing that myts accept only one paramater in esc[ sequence... You can see right colors representation and on second picture screenshot from myts and kindle. I thing that colors handling is done in terminal.c:

terminal.c: * for foreground color, the next 3 bits are background color.
terminal.c: * attributes -- we use bits for foreground and bg color.
terminal.c: case 30: /* Set foreground color: black */
terminal.c: case 31: /* Set foreground color: red */

Can anyone help me with solving this problem ??
The source is attached to the top post.

And @matan

Does this support command line script switching?

like ./myts ./dialog myScript.sh

I guess not with the first param being a vt toggle.
will have to read source I guess... Would be really nice.
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #126
nVitius
nVitius began at the beginning.

Device: k3g
So, I'm trying to make a Kindleberry Pi (it's on youtube if you haven't heard of it before) and I got everything set up properly. However, I'm trying to make a script that will start an ssh connection, so that I won't have to type in the IP address manually every time. I have the script (raspi.sh), but I'm not sure where to put it or how to run it. I was hoping someone could help me out.
nVitius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #127
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nVitius View Post
So, I'm trying to make a Kindleberry Pi (it's on youtube if you haven't heard of it before) and I got everything set up properly. However, I'm trying to make a script that will start an ssh connection, so that I won't have to type in the IP address manually every time. I have the script (raspi.sh), but I'm not sure where to put it or how to run it. I was hoping someone could help me out.
read the ssh/scp HowTo -

At top of forum - select threads by the pre-fix "HowTo" - press show threads.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #128
nVitius

Sorry, I can't seem to find it. If it's not too much trouble, could you link me to it please?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #129
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nVitius View Post
Sorry, I can't seem to find it. If it's not too much trouble, could you link me to it please?
Top of forum (not top of thread) -
Directly below the blue bar -
Set left drop down box to "HowTo" prefix -
Click right most "show threads" button.

It is the 8th title on the list, has "ssh/scp" in the title.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #130
twobob

Okay... first things first.

Damaru would be the guy you would want to PM about it

Also THIS IS THE CORRECT THREAD not the current one you are posting on.

There is AN EXTENSIVE GUIDE HERE offsite that you should probably read if you havent.

one more thing... you dont tell us what is in the SCRIPT - nor do you mention where you got it from.

I don't know how they do things in your coven but my witches are right out of crystal ball time.

So.... Read the links. share the file ("zip it" if you have to to make it attach).

As a TOTAL GUESS I would think the file could easily live on /mnt/us/somehwere/rasbpi.sh and be launched by KUAL

but actual information would help
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #131
nVitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Top of forum (not top of thread) -
Directly below the blue bar -
Set left drop down box to "HowTo" prefix -
Click right most "show threads" button.

It is the 8th title on the list, has "ssh/scp" in the title.
Alright I found it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay... first things first.

Damaru would be the guy you would want to PM about it

Also THIS IS THE CORRECT THREAD not the current one you are posting on.

There is AN EXTENSIVE GUIDE HERE offsite that you should probably read if you havent.

one more thing... you dont tell us what is in the SCRIPT - nor do you mention where you got it from.

I don't know how they do things in your coven but my witches are right out of crystal ball time.

So.... Read the links. share the file ("zip it" if you have to to make it attach).

As a TOTAL GUESS I would think the file could easily live on /mnt/us/somehwere/rasbpi.sh and be launched by KUAL

but actual information would help
Oh, I didn't know there was a thread on it here, thanks for that link.

Actually, I'm not really sure if the script will work, I was just trying to figure out how to run it. I wrote it myself, but I've never really used a CLI before, and I'm trying to figure it out. All it does (or should do) is initiate an SSH connection to the Pi.

Actually, I thought about running it using Launchpad, but I want to run the script inside the Terminal itself, not sure if that would work... Anyways, I'll look through those links you gave me, I appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #132
twobob

meh use KUAL.

send me the script I'll have a look
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #133
sej7278
Enthusiast
sej7278 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
sorry for possibly a stupid question, but i don't understand the keymaps. on my kingle 3g (usa, 3.4 firmware, jailbreak, launchpad, usbnet etc.) how do i type in numbers to myts-6?!
sej7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #134
twobob

hmm IIRC you just use

ALT + Q = 1
ALT + W = 2

etc...

also..

try this... hold down the BACK button, now (without releasing BACK) press the LEFT "BACK" TAB ... (on the left - top one) that will show a keymap...

release the BACK TAB (not the button) then the BACK button to resume normal operation

(mines a bit mangled as I use a HUGE font) [pictured]

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_230.png
Views:	358
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	101926  

Last edited by twobob; 02-24-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #135
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
I finally got to install ipkg on my kindle and playing around with installing plugin for vim (like vim wiki )

One thing I would love to have is the zazen colorscheme for vim and since I am using myts and I read that there are colour support, then it shouldn't be to far from reality. I was able to redefine the vim home directory and to load the zazen colorscheme, and to enable syntax, but it doesn't seems to pick up on the color so I am unsure if there is something about the terminal settings of myts that screws up the colorschem.

Anyone else has experienced that ?
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote