Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
The pressure must be getting to him
Naw. I'm just happy to have my Cybook back in action, line-in-the-display and all!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
I had to send mine off to Pam.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penty View Post
I had to send mine off to Pam.
Egad! The HORROR!!! The PAIN!!! The Infinite Possibilities for Global Destruction!!!

(I'm building me a decades-worthy survival cave!)

Derek
Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #19
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post

(I'm building me a decades-worthy survival cave!)

Derek
Don't forget to stock up on batteries...
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #20
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
So I'll be writing that review I was mentioning now.

Derek
So happy to hear this! I hate to see any e-book in pain
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5 View Post
Don't forget to stock up on batteries...
And don't forget to make your self-powered battery charger is indestructible as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
So I'll be writing that review I was mentioning now.

Derek
Any thoughts when it might be completed, Derek?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #23
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Any thoughts when it might be completed, Derek?

Sorry, Real Life, in the event of a two-day trip to Oakland, CA, for a medical test (Mom's, not mine) disrupted things a bit. Would have been able to work a bit, but no cable or phone internet accesss in the 'motel' (and I use that term *QUITE* loosely - who'd a thunk a dump could get away with charging $109 for a night!) and I couldn't retrieve the email that had the attachment I sent to myself. As for the mattresses - let's just say that disabled people don't all want marshmallows for beds!

Working on finishing it this morning.

Oh yeah. Exam went very well, Mom's fine!

Derek
Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Real Life has an annoying habit of getting in the way . Glad to hear that all's well.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry, Real Life, in the event of a two-day trip to Oakland, CA, for a medical test (Mom's, not mine) disrupted things a bit. Would have been able to work a bit, but no cable or phone internet accesss in the 'motel' (and I use that term *QUITE* loosely - who'd a thunk a dump could get away with charging $109 for a night!) and I couldn't retrieve the email that had the attachment I sent to myself. As for the mattresses - let's just say that disabled people don't all want marshmallows for beds!

Working on finishing it this morning.

Oh yeah. Exam went very well, Mom's fine!

Derek
Can we get a review vs the 505?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #26
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
Hey Derek,

Any luck on the review?

The cybook is one of the reason why I haven't purchased the sony 505, is it going to release in this month?
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

hamh, given the problems with the firmware, my guess is sometime November by the time it's all sorted and production happens with the fixed firmware.

First fix the firmware. Then make the units with the fixed firmware. Then ship to distributors. Then from there to the shops. Then to the consumer.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #28
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I wonder when they are going to admit that there will be a delay...but they might also just launch it as a buggy device with instructions on how to update...would not be the first time somebody did that...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
I wonder when they are going to admit that there will be a delay...but they might also just launch it as a buggy device with instructions on how to update...would not be the first time somebody did that...
given the bugs mentioned, I think it's a little too buggy at the moment for a release. What would not be so bad is if they shipped with the buggy firmware but when you installed the software and first plugged it in, the software went out on the net and downloaded a fixed firmware and updated.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:17 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'd certainly prefer that they delayed and got it right, rather than released a buggy product.