Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
BelgarionNL
BelgarionNL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Easiest way to change fonts with PRS+ for the PRS 650

i have searched with the search tool and searched the first 8 pages of this thread but i cannot find a guide that specifies what is the easiest way of getting Caecilia on a Sony for instance!

i have a test EPUB and there it shows my new font perfectly! but not for my other books!
that has something to do with CSS that is in the epub but whats the easiest way to override those??????

And howdo i force every epub to be the same size etc! since thats seems to be different between each book

i am using calibre

Last edited by BelgarionNL; 07-07-2011 at 09:27 PM.
BelgarionNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
BelgarionNL

in PRSPlus\epub\ i made a .CSS with:

@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Bold.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-BoldItalic.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Heavy.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-HeavyItalic.otf);}

body {font-family: serif;}
body, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3 {font-size: 0.85em !important;}

thx to jackie_w for helping me
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
prsita
Enthusiast
prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: PRS 650
J attach to this message a file compressed .rar containg two directories: a) a directory containing all the stylesheets .css j have created for PRS+ (to put in Database - System - PRS ; b) a directory (to put in the main directory) containg some of the fonts used (were omitted the fonts that are not free).

To use all the stysheet, you must put the fonts that are missing.

J prefer the font NimbusMe, suggested in this forum, and the font WarnockPro-Capt: both are free.

The stylesheets enclosed are, for the most important fonts, in 3 version: a basic version (it looks small at medium size), a version with the numer 1 (it looks standard at medium size) and a version with the number 2 (it looks standard at small size).

You can adjust the line space according to your preferences (most of the stylesheets are set at 1.15 pt).

J hope that these files can help and j dont know why Sony didn't enclosed the function of PRS+ (mainly those one concerning the change of fonts).

[Copyrighted fonts removed - Do not post copyrighted material. - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-17-2011 at 10:10 PM.
prsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
BelgarionNL

thx! very helpfull
Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
hjt61
hjt61 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi Prsita,

Thanks for uploading this great package, it works nice!

One question:
I like to change the font size (for epub books) for the M, L and XL font settings, to make the steps in increasing the size smaller.

Do you have any idea how to do that?
hjt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
prsita
Enthusiast
prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt61 View Post
Hi Prsita,

Thanks for uploading this great package, it works nice!

One question:
I like to change the font size (for epub books) for the M, L and XL font settings, to make the steps in increasing the size smaller.

Do you have any idea how to do that?
The increases of the font sizes are preset by Sony and are not changeble (as far as j know).

The only way j know is to set your ideal font size (medium) using the .css

In my files the ideal (for me) medium font is in the stylesheets ending with the number one. If the fonts, for you, are too small or too big, you can change the stylesheet according with your preference.

Last edited by prsita; 07-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
melkorbauglir
Connoisseur
melkorbauglir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650,LG G7 ThinQ,Samsung S5 Active,Pocketbook InkPad 3
Seems all usefull info were removed too.Can somebody redo this?
melkorbauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
prsita
Enthusiast

replacing files

J tought to have put in the folder "fonts", only the fonts that are not covered by copyright.

Without a notice the file was eliminated, assuming that contained copyrighted files. J asked, with a private message, the name of the fonts in my previous folder that are covered by copyright, but j have received no answer so far.

So j put another time the two folders (one containing the files .css for and the other containing only the fonts that are surelly not covered by copyright (they are Arial, Times, NimbusMod created by a member of the forum, Charis and Vollkorn).

The files contained in the folder epub (only .css) are not covered by copyright.

To use all the files you have to put in the folder "fonts", all the font not provided.

At this point, are working only the .css files referring to the fonts cointained in the folder "fonts".

J prefer NimbusMod and Vollkorn.

Attached Files
File Type: rar Prsplusfiles.rar (4.53 MB, 487 views)
Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #9
melkorbauglir
Connoisseur
melkorbauglir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650,LG G7 ThinQ,Samsung S5 Active,Pocketbook InkPad 3
At last got fonts working from PRS+ location.Now maybe need fiddle with font sizes and borders for PRS-650.
melkorbauglir is offline   Reply With Quote