Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
histericus, I want you to stop fidgetting with that mouse, NOW!!!

Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
OK, I'm gonna jump on those cakes
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #18
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
That price is ridiculous!

Can I just get it from the darknet?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
Well, reviewers missed the point big time. It's not "Nuclear for Dummies", it's an engineering book with materials that engineers in nuclear field should know very well. So, every review "I sold my BMW to buy this book" and making fun with this book - and I'm sure nobody read it - is totally missed in this case. While you can buy a best-seller for a few dollars, at the same time there are medicine book at $400 and nobody writes "Heart surgery?! What the heck?!! Who needs that?!" So, grow up reviewers, a medicine book is surely more worth than Tom Clancy because it saves life, and in an engineering book about nuclear science there is more science than in all best sellers together. As always in life, it's not appropriate to make fun of something you don't know, you may make fun of yourself.
But there is one review that was real and it said the diagrams are useless in the Kindle edition. And if that's true, then WTF is this doing as a Kindle edition?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #20
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well, I found it funny.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #21
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
hilarious, thanks for sharing
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #22
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
that's pretty reasonable when you consider they want $9.99 for 'america by heart' by sarah palin!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #23
jemyers77
jemyers77 began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 6" EZ-Reader; Kobo wireless; PB 360; Kindle4; Pocketbook Pro
Here's a link to a nice red wine you may like to sip while reading this great book. http://www.vinfolio.com/do/winestore...content=116063
jemyers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #24
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Be very very careful with that "1-click" button!
I was reading some of the reviews when I thought of this and left the scene in a panic.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
the reviews on this book are hilarious! makes me want to rob a bank! stat!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The pic of the book cover shows a CD disk, so it must come with a disk of charts and images. Value-added in a pbook, but a drink coaster in an ebook.

My iPad does not have a CD-ROM drive ... Or any sort of slot ...

:eye roll:
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
Well, reviewers missed the point big time. It's not "Nuclear for Dummies", it's an engineering book with materials that engineers in nuclear field should know very well. So, every review "I sold my BMW to buy this book" and making fun with this book - and I'm sure nobody read it - is totally missed in this case. While you can buy a best-seller for a few dollars, at the same time there are medicine book at $400 and nobody writes "Heart surgery?! What the heck?!! Who needs that?!" So, grow up reviewers, a medicine book is surely more worth than Tom Clancy because it saves life, and in an engineering book about nuclear science there is more science than in all best sellers together. As always in life, it's not appropriate to make fun of something you don't know, you may make fun of yourself.
sar·casm -noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #28
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
hey, I don't know what everybody is complaining about...when you break it down, the darn thing is only $12.79 per page!
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
Zell
Kindle User
Zell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
That's ridiculous. That's the price of used car.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #30
Zell
Kindle User
Zell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemyers77 View Post
Here's a link to a nice red wine you may like to sip while reading this great book. http://www.vinfolio.com/do/winestore...content=116063
Thanks. I just bought it to go along with my new book. Both set me back a little, but hey, it's only money.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote