Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
tekhen
tekhen began at the beginning.

greetings... from a traveler

As a person who travels extensively, I find it difficult to read my 'library' in the manner I would like.

Although I will always have an affinity for the printed word, with technology being where it is today it is time where a person should be able to travel with hundreds if not thousands of books on one device. (laptops/pda's/smartphones/ipods) are not good enough IMO.

The software is there now the hardware and publishers need to catch up!

I have been looking for the hardware but have yet to found something that is worth adding to my carry on. It is also difficult to find the books in my library in electronic format.

I hope to find and use the knowledge base here to help in my future purchase and to get all books published electronically along side their printed versions.

Thanks for this forum
tekhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, tekhen!

You'll find extensive discussions of various e-reading solutions, and a lot of folks who agree with you that laptops just don't make it ... and a few that would say that they're fine, too.

I'd suggest that if you haven't already done so, the E-Book Devices forum would be well worth looking at. You'll find a lot of good info there on e-ink devices that are making a very good case that the tech has caught up, now we just need the software and publishers to do the same.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert