Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
spitfire_ch
Enthusiast
spitfire_ch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Mantano Reader: Search for/within notes only

Hi there,

I am using Mantano reader mostly to read and annotate text books. I am a heavy highlighter, so finding a specific highlight or annotation can become cumbersome.

The manual mentions a functionality to search for items in lists (2.6.1). I assumed that when I was within the notes tab and then used the search function, it would look for notes containing the search term (the items within the notes list are notes, after all). However, it looks for book titles only, no matter in which tab you are.

I am aware of the full text search within a book. But again, this does not allow me to search for and within notes, only.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody figured out a way to efficiently look for notes (when you know what the note/highlight should contain)?

I am probably spoiled by my Sony readers, which offered this functionality ...

Thanks for any advice!
- spitfire
spitfire_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
spitfire_ch
Enthusiast

@any mod: Sorry, I don't know, where the thumbs down comes from. If it was me putting it there, it was by mistake. Could you please remove it? I don't seem to have the rights to do so.

Btw.: I contacted Mantano support. As it seems, it is currently not possible to search the content of annotations, only the title of annotations (which is the name of the book by default).
Old 12-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire_ch View Post
@any mod: Sorry, I don't know, where the thumbs down comes from. If it was me putting it there, it was by mistake. Could you please remove it? I don't seem to have the rights to do so.

Btw.: I contacted Mantano support. As it seems, it is currently not possible to search the content of annotations, only the title of annotations (which is the name of the book by default).
this is a great function,
actually Ido it on my sony reader with a trick, linking the highlights more important to some notes and then using a letter to order the priority of a note, then running a search the ereader will find the notes

hope that more and more in future there will be these features
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
what is the current status on this one? It is implemented now this feature? i see from the mantano pro this functionality, so it has been solved, it is possible rating and search per rating in mantano?

Organizing your notes
Index your notes by tags and rating
Group your notes into your personal collections
Notes filtering functions by tags, collections, books, type
Create review sheets from a selection of notes in different books
Direct access from a note to the corresponding page in the book with one click
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:26 AM   #5
Coldblackice
Pretty cold
Coldblackice began at the beginning.

Device: N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
what is the current status on this one? It is implemented now this feature? i see from the mantano pro this functionality, so it has been solved, it is possible rating and search per rating in mantano?

Organizing your notes
Index your notes by tags and rating
Group your notes into your personal collections
Notes filtering functions by tags, collections, books, type
Create review sheets from a selection of notes in different books
Direct access from a note to the corresponding page in the book with one click
Any development here?
Coldblackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire_ch View Post

Thumbs down removed.

The next time you have an issue (any issue), click the 'REPORT' button and I or another Moderator will help you with your question/issue.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
spitfire_ch
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot, Don!

Tags
annoation, find, highlight, mantano, search