Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
papa4ahe
papa4ahe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Mobi test book

I purchased and thought I downloaded a book in mobi format. However, I got what appears to be a test book instead. I have tried numerous times to download the book but keep getting the test book instead. I have done one before and there was no problem. Does anyone know what is happening. I have an email into fictionwise about the problem. Thanks for your help.
papa4ahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you downloading the book from the "My Bookshelf" page on Fictionwise?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
papa4ahe

Yes, from the my bookshelf that contains all the other books I have downloaded. Seems to be a test to see if the test book downloads which is fine but it keeps happening when I try to download just this one particular book. Of course I haven't tried any others since.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not try another? You can save it wherever you wish, so you won't overwrite anything you've downloaded previously by trying another download.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
papa4ahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why not try another? You can save it wherever you wish, so you won't overwrite anything you've downloaded previously by trying another download.
Ok, so I tried another book and it worked just fine. Still cannot download the first book, still getting the test book. Haven't heard from Fictionwise yet but will be interesting to see what they have to say.