Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Default font set?

I was playing around with my 302 way after I should be in bed asleep, and I accidentally deleted all the fonts on the device. I reinstalled all the fonts I've added, and I've got book lists, menus, etc. Unfortunately, when I go to Settings > Appearance > Interface Font, I get dumped back to the main page.

I reinstalled 15.2 firmware and reset the device, but I'm still not able to access the font menu.

I couldn't find the default font set at pocketbook-shop.de either.

Does anyone have an archive of the default font set? I believe the firmware is throwing an error because the defaults aren't there.

Thanks!
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
You can edit the system/config/global.cfg there the preset Font is set.
Change it to a Font u have installed.

The standart on mine is LiberationSans.
This Font is in the ROM and u are not able to delete, without the access to the internal memory.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I was playing around with my 302 way after I should be in bed asleep, and I accidentally deleted all the fonts on the device. I reinstalled all the fonts I've added, and I've got book lists, menus, etc. Unfortunately, when I go to Settings > Appearance > Interface Font, I get dumped back to the main page.

I reinstalled 15.2 firmware and reset the device, but I'm still not able to access the font menu.

I couldn't find the default font set at pocketbook-shop.de either.

Does anyone have an archive of the default font set? I believe the firmware is throwing an error because the defaults aren't there.

Thanks!
There is a new FW version (still beta, I'm afraid) Try that one. Font configuration works okay for me.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is a new FW version (still beta, I'm afraid) Try that one. Font configuration works okay for me.
Another one ? He reinstalled 15.2 already !
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Another one ? He reinstalled 15.2 already !
Oh all right. Sorry!
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
You can edit the system/config/global.cfg there the preset Font is set.
Change it to a Font u have installed.

The standart on mine is LiberationSans.
This Font is in the ROM and u are not able to delete, without the access to the internal memory.
brainycat - did you try what Schnitzelbrain suggested?
If this doesn't work I would suggest to contact PocketBook service center:
email: service@pocketbook-usa.com
phone: 1 877 326 0196, ext 2
hours: 8am-6pm CST, Monday to Friday
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

All the fonts in /systerm/profiles/${PROFILENAME}/config/global.cfg are installed in /system/fonts. I found the dejavu and liberation fontsets on my laptop, and copied those over but still no dice. I know there's a Cyrillic font that I'm still missing, for example.

IIRC, there's a set of fonts that come with the device in this directory. If there is, could someone zip them up and send them to me? Is there a dotfile that needs to be in there?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Normally all the fonts in the accesable area are Additional fonts. The basic set ist stored in the ROM.
But I saw that u have the profile feature enabled. I dunno if there is a chance to delete the profile and start with the standard. When u install a new firmware all the extras like profiles are not replaced. So the new firmware loads again the old mess from the user storage, if the profile is messed up.

So best would be a hardreset, save all ur books and files before. then the PB is like Factory default restored. Also if u have DRM Files I think u have to de-authorize the device first, before hardreset.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!

Yeah, I was thinking of formatting the device memory, reinstalling the firmware and starting over from scratch next.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Normally all the fonts in the accesable area are Additional fonts. The basic set ist stored in the ROM.
But I saw that u have the profile feature enabled. I dunno if there is a chance to delete the profile and start with the standard. When u install a new firmware all the extras like profiles are not replaced. So the new firmware loads again the old mess from the user storage, if the profile is messed up.

So best would be a hardreset, save all ur books and files before. then the PB is like Factory default restored. Also if u have DRM Files I think u have to de-authorize the device first, before hardreset.
Yes, profiles can be deleted
Old 06-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!

SOLVED

I formatted the internal memory, and the font select dialog worked properly. I installed my fonts, and it was broken again. I began installing my fonts set by set and discovered the PB font select dialog failed when I installed webcore fonts.. I formatted again, installed everything except webcore, and the font dialog works perfectly.

Webcore includes CAMBRIA.TTC; I renamed that to CAMBRIA.TTF but that did not solve the problem. That's the only troubleshooting I did for the webcore fontset. I'm just going to skip that set.

The Droid fontset works well and is beautiful on this device.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
SOLVED

I formatted the internal memory, and the font select dialog worked properly. I installed my fonts, and it was broken again. I began installing my fonts set by set and discovered the PB font select dialog failed when I installed webcore fonts.. I formatted again, installed everything except webcore, and the font dialog works perfectly.

Webcore includes CAMBRIA.TTC; I renamed that to CAMBRIA.TTF but that did not solve the problem. That's the only troubleshooting I did for the webcore fontset. I'm just going to skip that set.

Great to hear that it is working again
I use the droid as well as standard, nice Font.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
SOLVED

Great news!
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Great news!
Yep, I use the Droid font myself.