Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
How do I re-flash my Cybook?

Hi All,

My Cybook has been frozen since last night. It never gets past the first boot screen, the one that says Cybook Gen3 with a photo of the device. I reset it several times already but it doesn't work.

I searched the forum and keep seeing advice to re-flash, but somehow I can't find any detail on how to do that, even in the wiki.

Help???????!!!!!!!!!

Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Download the firmware from the Bookeen site, and put the firmware file on the root on the SD card. Then boot the Gen3, and when the first splash screen appears, press and hold the centre of the nav button and keep it pressed in until the screen flashes white and the firmware updater starts running - this may take 20s or so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 04:00 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I thought there was another, different procedure. I have to go catch a train now, I will try this later. But the Bookeen doc says I should wait until the second screen, the one that never comes up...

Thanks for your help!

Florence
Old 06-27-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Try to remove the SD card. Also try to connect the Cybook to a computer an then boot and see if the disk becomes available. If so check the file system and if errors are detected than it is probably a good idea to restore the system directory from your backup.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
You are correct there is a separate kernelb796fmt.zip which contains a full 15.6MB kernel update that will reformat the Cybook volume. The regular is just an 5.8MB update. You should send an email to support@bookeen.com and they'll send you a link to the correct version for your hardware model. Sorry, my email states that I can't copy or distribute it.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I assume you pressed the power-on button after resetting, right?

As HarryT says, for reflashing I don't think you have to wait for the second screen. You press the button when you see the first screen, then release it when the screen changes again.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Thanks everyone, the problem seems solved for now. I was so desperate I tried re-flashing in the subway on my way to the train station, lol. And it worked, the Cybook seems to be working again!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
When did you bought you Cybook ? (do you know if it's a 200Mhz or a 400Mhz one?)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
When did you bought you Cybook ? (do you know if it's a 200Mhz or a 400Mhz one?)
I have no idea about the Mhz, but it's not new, I think it's almost two years old.

BTW, it's still working so far
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Ok so you should have a 200Mhz one ^^ (and the 796fmt version can update/reformat it ^^)
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Ok so you should have a 200Mhz one ^^ (and the 796fmt version can update/reformat it ^^)
OK, if you say so :-) I just re-applied the update I downloaded a while ago, I don't remember what number it is. I'm not too keen on applying another one and fixing things that ain't broke as far as I'm concerned. Well, apart from that recent problem of course, but as I said it seems fixed for now.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
Godzil

You do it with caution, and it's the best idea (ie: if you know that something work correctly for you, you don't have to apply new things that you don't know if it work correctly ^^) (ok it's not true for everything)

Tags
freezing, how-to, re-flash