Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #61
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Thank you so much for posting that info! I just realized that I can update both the Mac software and the firmware through the Reader application I already had installed. I had been under the impression that the Reader app was defunct, but it updated itself and then my reader with no problem.

However, if I didn't happen to already have a Sony reader before I got this one, I wouldn't have been able to do this, and I'm sure some people are in that boat. I appreciate your help!
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #62
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The latest (and probably last) FW update for the U.S. version of the T2 is 1.1.00.15240. Its purpose is to replace the connection to the Sony Store over Wifi with a connection to Kobo, and to disable features associated with the Sony Store (syncing annotations, bookmarks, FB sharing through the Sony Store, etc.).
Mine arrived yesterday, and like most, seems brand new and had an empty battery. I charged it up and did the firmware update. The only weird thing about the Kobo store is that it doesn't have a "My Library" link like the web site does. While "My Purchases" only shows the books I bought from them, "My Library" includes those transferred from my Sony account. It seems that if this software was completely dedicated to absorbing the Sony store closure, it should have provided the Kobo-equivalent link to the user's Sony ebooks.

I'm hoping I can bookmark the "My Library" link in the regular browser.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #63
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
Thank you so much for posting that info! I just realized that I can update both the Mac software and the firmware through the Reader application I already had installed. I had been under the impression that the Reader app was defunct, but it updated itself and then my reader with no problem.
Funny thing was, the target link for the mac software still pointed to a Windows file, which meant that, when I received my flawless T2 today, I updated the firmware using my Windows partition. It looks as though Sony made some sort of error regarding the availability of the Mac firmware update: In some cases, the "file not found" message appears; in others, the target file is for Windows.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #64
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
Well, I got mine today and I haven't had a chance to try it out because it's no better than the T1 at accessing dropbox where my books are hiding. In fact it might be worse. Boo.
I thought I'd add for latecomers to the thread that updating the firmware solved my dropbox problem too, so if you bought one of these and are having troubles with it, maybe try that first.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #65
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I also think this is the deal with refurbs. I'm a cheapskate, so virtually all my devices have been refurbs or older models or both and they've all been fine.
Just curious, did Tiger Direct replace the defective T2, or where you able to get it to charge?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert