Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
possible release of new firmware

Well my friend has advised me that Kobo will be releasing a newer firmware within the next 2 weeks. He is being cryptic about what it fixes and what it may improve. So lets cross our fingers and hope its gonna be the best one yet!

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I always wish that. Sometimes I am right.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Well my friend has advised me that Kobo will be releasing a newer firmware within the next 2 weeks. He is being cryptic about what it fixes and what it may improve. So lets cross our fingers and hope its gonna be the best one yet!
So my usual indicator of an upcoming firmware update which is the Kobo desktop application being updated doesn't seem to be happening.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is April's Fool still on?

(Sorry guys, a veeeeery bad joke, but taking Kobo seriously is a real health hazard. And hoping for all the OBVIOUS bugs to be fixed is like being completely nuts or something worse.)
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Two Weeks? TWO WEEKS? TTTWWWOOO WWWEEEEEEKKKSSS!!!!!!

What, the normal day or two's notice doesn't have enough people going nuts to download a firmware not yet made available to them only to discover it blows something up isn't painful enough!

On top of that, "The BEST ONE YET!"

SADIST! ;-)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just remember its My friends information, not mine, so whether it is released or not is entirely up to the Kobo Gods, but so far he has been bang on.

regards

Jack
Old 04-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
We should start a pool as to when the first 'where's the link to new firmware' request appears...

I've got 8 days before it's released...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Will that be before or after the first "I just synced, why didn't it update?" post?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
I just synced, why didn't it update?

Too soon?

Last edited by IcecreamLtDan; 04-09-2014 at 11:29 AM.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #10
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Bwah, ha, ha! Right on schedule, I'd say. Personally, I'd wait longer if they'd actually take their time and fix annoying little issues once and for all.

There is something up with 3.2.0 I ran into the other night that is preventing me from opening an epub(side loaded) on my Glo, yet the same epub works fine on my Touch running 3.0.0... The epub, while messy, passes through Sigil with no errors in FlightCrew, but will not open on the Glo past the cover page. Attempting to turn the page invariably closes the epub and displays the thumbnail cover as finished. I've deleted it a number of times, even deleting the entire collection it is assigned to, rebooted between deleting and replacing it, manually set the title as unread and also tried it with the Kobo Plugin for Calibre and even signed out on the Glo and let it rebuild the database.

I'm clueless, but annoyed.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #11
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
How does your friend know that?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
There is something up with 3.2.0 I ran into the other night that is preventing me from opening an epub(side loaded) on my Glo, yet the same epub works fine on my Touch running 3.0.0... The epub, while messy, passes through Sigil with no errors in FlightCrew, but will not open on the Glo past the cover page. Attempting to turn the page invariably closes the epub and displays the thumbnail cover as finished. I've deleted it a number of times, even deleting the entire collection it is assigned to, rebooted between deleting and replacing it, manually set the title as unread and also tried it with the Kobo Plugin for Calibre and even signed out on the Glo and let it rebuild the database.

Any chance you could send me the epub? I'm always curious about why these things happen. If you can put it somewhere to download, PM me the link. Or I can supply an email address.

In a similar vein, someone reported a problem like this in an epub that the FanFictionDownloader produced. In this case, a "<br>" was added at a particular point in the HTML code. When viewed on a Kobo, it stopped showing anything after that for the rest of the chapter. Changing this to a "<br />" fixed the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 AM   #13
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Bwah, ha, ha! Right on schedule, I'd say. Personally, I'd wait longer if they'd actually take their time and fix annoying little issues once and for all.

Happened to me about a week ago. converting to mobi and back seemed to fix it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
jackastor
Wizard

Kobo iPhone app

Well the kobo iPhone app updated last night.
It now allows themes for the background.

So that's the start I wonder where this will end up?

regards

Jack
Old 04-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
How does your friend know that?
To be fair, No idea!