Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #106
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Marek, I can confirm the address is 0x8002F.

However, the touch screen does not respond on my Kobo Touch? The home button and the power button does respond (however I can't bring it back out of sleep). Did I miss something in the thread?
jkgeyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #107
haolin
haolin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Here is my image for Kobo Touch (82MB). It may work on Mini as well (not tested). You need 2GB or larger SD card to test it. It's already rooted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na7uyih1u7...roid_Rooted.7z
my glo arrived yestoday,and can't boot form second card‘s recovery.img.

using your image,change 0x8002F to 01,my glo works。

sorry for my english, Thanks MarekGibek,so cool。
haolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #108
haolin
haolin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
Marek, the image file you've shared with us seems to have all your stuff (such as login to google play, your wireless authentication) etc.
Just saying...

[edit] and I still haven't figured out how to log you out lol
download MarekGibek’s image,change 0x8002F to 01。

everything goes fine。
haolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #109
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
and I still haven't figured out how to log you out lol
Hehe. I'm surprised but there is no such option. I think you have to install GMail from APK and remove my account from GMail app. But don't worry - it is not really my account - it was for testing purposes - I don't use it

I'm a little bit disappointed that Google Play hides so many apps if it doesn't recognize the device. But we can always search for apk files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgeyti View Post
However, the touch screen does not respond on my Kobo Touch?
My model is: N905C (you can find it in the lower right corner). Which model is yours?
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #110
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Boys I have question about tolino shine system. How languages is in system? Is there czech? I want buy tolino shine for my sister, but she dont want english or germany.
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #111
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastnacek View Post
Boys I have question about tolino shine system. How languages is in system? Is there czech? I want buy tolino shine for my sister, but she dont want english or germany.
I have to upset you. It's german only

Unless you translate it with apktool but I suppose that doesn't satisfy you.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #112
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

I translated miui 2 years ago into czech, that isnt problem, but time Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #113
dd366
dd366 doesn't litterdd366 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo glo
Touch rotation patch

Quote:
Here is how touch rotation can be fixed in Android sources:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...c/7Zkh-WE1uuEJ

The problem is - last time I was trying to compile Android from source codes I failed with compiling 2.3.4 version. I succeeded to compile 4.2.2 or newer only.
Thanks for the link.

It make sense that the rotation be done in android and not in the driver

As I understand, the kolino is based on an early (and buggy) implementation of this functionnality ?
(Their custom app don't support landscape so they don't care)

So we need to recompile all the android stuff (without original source) ?
It is then the same difficulty than porting android on a new device, right ?

Not so easy I think...

------

I'm thinking of another (not so easy too) solution.

1) Compile a new IR driver (touchscreen) based on original with modification to send rotated coordonates
> could be done easily with the source avaliable.

2) Write an android App with a button for rotation.

This app would rotate screen manually and in the same time switch from Normal IR Driver to Rotated IR Driver
I think it's possible because I remember OTG patch work this way by switching drivers.

Better: This app could also emulate the missing orientation.
All users apps would then run normally with system orientation settings.
dd366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #114
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastnacek View Post
I translated miui 2 years ago into czech, that isnt problem, but time Thanks
Cool! I tested that this is possible ad working.

You have to root it. I had to remove "sharedUserId" from the manifest, too - this is for system applications - and you don't have original key to sign it. After reinstalling everything works like before.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #115
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
So we need to recompile all the android stuff (without original source) ?
Yes. Tolino Android is signed with their private key that we don't have. If we want to change any of the system apps we have to rebuild whole system (and sign with our
key). It can be from Google's source codes. After that we have to resign Tolino apps (at least we need EPDRefresh which is responsible for eInk screen updates).

It's not as hard as porting as all the build properties, init scripts and kernel changes (75% of the work) is ready.

It is not easy though (like one week of fighting with compilation errors - it is Android 2.3 and it requires specific versions of dev tools and libraries). Last time I tried only Android 4.2+ compiled flawlessly on Ubuntu.

Quote:
I'm thinking of another (not so easy too) solution.
Yes, I'm thinking about it too. That should be easier. We can write an app that will communicate with the kernel. It would be the best if the app could detect screen rotation fact. Then despite of rotation method it will work perfect.

Unless you don't want to do other changes in Android source code (there is no need as everything else works) - that's the way to go.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #116
mastnacek
Enthusiast

Quote:
Cool! I tested that this is possible ad working.

You have to root it. I had to remove "sharedUserId" from the manifest, too - this is for system applications - and you don't have original key to sign it. After reinstalling everything works like before.
Our translation team had program in php in which you can esasily translate every string if merge find not translated string.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #117
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Quote:
My model is: N905C (you can find it in the lower right corner). Which model is yours?
My model is 905B. I tried both your image, and the "stock" image with the byte flipped to 00.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #118
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgeyti View Post
My model is 905B. I tried both your image, and the "stock" image with the byte flipped to 00.
Because it's different model, you should try to copy whole "HW CONFIG" section (based on what you have in your original Kobo SD card). This one bit tells which resolution you have and 00 is ok for 800x600. But there are others which tells how the touch should be configured etc.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #119
jkgeyti

Quote:
Because it's different model, you should try to copy whole "HW CONFIG" section (based on what you have in your original Kobo SD card). This one bit tells which resolution you have and 00 is ok for 800x600. But there are others which tells how the touch should be configured etc.
Ah, yeah, sounds reasonable. I'll give it a go when I find the time. Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #120
nevelaev
nevelaev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
How many languages..

Stop, why only german? I was rooted device and installed a different launcher - now android menu and settings are available. I was set up a russian launguage in the keyboard and language menu) There are was only german in the some menus like power off and usb connection to computer and sleep screen) Sorry my english)
nevelaev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino