Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #466
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
And just to add on most KDP books are DRM Free! Amazon does not choose the DRM the publisher does, by default there is no DRM on books the publisher must choose that option.
I consider locking a file to a specific type of device a form of DRM. So even though KDP books don't have DRM in the files, they still have another form of DRM in that you have to modify the files before you can read them on any other device than a Kindle or through a Kindle app.

As for the others, publishers read sales reports from their resellers, and will eventually realize that maybe there's a reason that DRM-free books account for 90% of ARe's sales, even though the majority of their catalog actually has publisher-applied DRM.

In addition to AllRomance I buy from Samhain, Smashwords, and other publishers where DRM-free is either automatic or at least an option. I cheerfully partake of the free offerings from stores that force DRM. I just won't give them any money.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #467
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Okay I did well I think for this week! This is all I could find!

I read Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones 4.5 stars!
I am reading Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones

I really tried to read something else but I must know Chris' big secret in Paris!

Oh the first 11 chapters are free to read of If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones which is the first book in the Inside Out Trilogy. It's on Wattpad. No need to register like last month when the book was free to read online. This should let you know if this is your type of series or not.

If I had to pay full price for this series I would but that's just me as it's has haunted and captured my waking thoughts for weeks now. Not many books can do that to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books1013202013.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	113732  
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #468
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I been very good, only 2 books I bought this week

And I been having problems reading at the speed I normally do so I only finished one of those I purchased
Ruined by Rumor by Alyssa Everett. 4 stars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	113740  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #469
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I actually bought books this week! I've been on a self-imposed lockdown to get through my TBR pile and because funds are tight between new-homeownership and impending holidays/birthdays. But I grabbed two that sounded good: the Phoebe Conn that was a sequel to her recent freebie, and the Karen Robards about the convict transported to Australia. Then I picked up a crafting book that had some gift-making info, but that doesn't count. You know, because it's a DTB and for reference. :P

I don't have a neat cover preview, I haven't updated my Calibre yet. Bad e-reader, bad!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #470
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I shouldn't be reading the list of what you all bought. I just added to my pile.
All pisceschick said was "convict transported to Australia" and bam.

What is wrong with me.

I am really afraid going through laurla's list closely.
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #471
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
$.99 Tattered Love by Lola Stark
blurb: When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.

Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?

What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.

Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?

Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy
Old 10-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #472
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I shouldn't be reading the list of what you all bought. I just added to my pile.
All pisceschick said was "convict transported to Australia" and bam.

What is wrong with me.

I am really afraid going through laurla's list closely.
Me too, actually!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #473
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Woohoo! I think I have something to add that's not been posted before! It's a set of Christmas shorts by Shana Galen, Vanessa Kelly, Kate Noble, and Anna Campbell. It's free everywhere but Kindle, strangely, so I'll just link their blog post because they have ALL the stores listed. I checked the Amazon link for an affiliate tag and it's clear. Y'all might report the price diff to the 'Zon.

You're Invited to a Holiday Ball
You won't often hear me say anything bad about Amazon, but they have this book for 99 cents. I know I am really cheap, but get it from one of the other retailers instead.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #474
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
You won't often hear me say anything bad about Amazon, but they have this book for 99 cents. I know I am really cheap, but get it from one of the other retailers instead.
Now free at Amazon. I figured it would go free eventually.

A Grosvenor Square Christmas
Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #475
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Jasinda Wilder's Big Girls Box Set is currently Free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009POGLG4

The set includes the first 4 novellas in the series.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #476
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Last week......

Here is what did:

Purchased? I was sooooo good, And so broke. Only one very worthybook purchased.

Amazon - The Last Hour of Gann - $6.50

Read:

Possession - J. R. Ward - 4.0
The Wolf Who Loved Me - Lydia Dare - 4.0
The Last Hour of Gann - R. Lee Smith - 5.0 - Amazing!
The Governess Affair - Courtney Milan - 4.0

That was it for last week.

Read on everyone. Btw thanks for all the discussion, my TBR is growing exponentially.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #477
Atunah
Wizard

.99 cents
Spring Fires by Cynthia Wright (Beauvisage #3)
First published 1983 Ballantine
http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Fires-B.../dp/B005IYF7CE

Quote:
A ROMANTIC TIMES "ALL TIME FAVORITE" selection. GOLD rating!

Beloved characters from CAROLINE, SILVER STORM, and TOUCH THE SUN return as supporting characters in this sensuous, enchanting story that sweeps from 1793 Philadelphia across the ocean to the glittering salons of London.

Hardened and cynical, Nicholai Beauvisage returns to America after risking death during French Revolution. He lost his heart to a beauty who died at the guillotine and now wants only to amuse himself with adventure and carefree romance.

Lovely and independent, Lisette Hahn pours all her energy into running her Philadelphia CoffeeHouse, a meeting place for figures like Thomas Jefferson. She is proud of her success and has been able to rise above the desires of her heart - until she meets Nicholai Beauvisage. That very night, Lisette finally gives her passions free rein... but what will the dawn bring?

Don't miss the delicious tale of a headstrong woman and an irresistible rogue for whom love is the ultimate challenge!

The Beauvisage Novels* and The Raveneau Novels intertwine, with some characters crossing over. Should you wish to read them in chronological order, this is the sequence:

1781 - SILVER STORM
1783 - CAROLINE*
1789 - TOUCH THE SUN*
1793 - SPRING FIRES* (A Beauvisage/Raveneau Novel)
1814 - SURRENDER THE STARS
1814 - NATALYA*
1818 - SILVER SEA (A Raveneau/Beauvisage Novel)
1903 - TEMPEST

And the chronological first Silver Storm has been free for a long time, still is
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Storm-R.../dp/B005DJ93EW

Last edited by Atunah; 10-22-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #478
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It was one of those mornings> I knew I was going to buy 2 new releases today, and was in that mood of, well, just keep buying. Already over budget and bought 8 books today total.

BTW, Kobo deals: BookRiot50 is still working for me today. And someone posted this one and it worked for me today also, not sure if it's one time use or not: test50 = 50% off.
ETA and apparently another 50% off, might only be for today: climaxseries

Last edited by Blue2u; 10-22-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add another code
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #479
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Hi everyone,

Please let me know if you've read Cottonwood by R Lee Smith. The sample didn't pull me in that much, so I need spoilers. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #480
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Who has read any of the Entangled Scandalous titles, and any you'd recommend? They are the Kindle Daily Deal for romance

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000677541

I have only purchased one, a holiday anthology (A Very Scandalous Holiday)

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Scandalou...DKN3GD6HKQXSYF
Closed Thread