Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Fire, Nook & iPad 2 display comparison

just saw this http://www.displaymate.com/IPS_Tablet_ShootOut_1.htm
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Having owned the Fire, ipad 2, and NT, that article seems spot on. I really noticed the reflectivity on the Fire ("Mirror mirror on the Fire, are you worth it for a buyer?"), the ipad 2 seems overly pixelated after the other tablets, and the NT has a superb screen (unfortunately, the lack of and high cost of apps made me return it). I don't see the criticism of photo viewing on a device as important, especially since 2 of them don't have cameras and the ipad's camera is awful.

It will be an interesting 2012, though, with the ipad 3 and perhaps a smaller version, other high-resolution tablets among the tablet-war survivors, and the price pressures on everyone from Amazon. It's really exciting as a reader to hope for the amazing text of a Retina display on a tablet.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
This seems accurate. The NC I've played with was far more vibrant than the (my) Kindle Fire, and I put the IPad in-between the two. Although the KF is fine for the limited video I do. I don't think of it as an HDTV device, but rather an ebook reader that can play video games.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote