Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #496
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahh well, if you are going to do something it is worth doing it properly

I think I know what I need to do - emit some signals of "my own" for the config widget to use that I can then safely disconnect from. Funnily enough it was the last release that I put this code in so no wonder several people have reported related issues...

Thanks for the help Charles.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #497
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta for next version

Could some trusting soul please give this a whirl - I can only test the folder functionality at the moment but it seemed to be ok...

Last edited by kiwidude; 08-23-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #498
kiwidude

v1.5.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix the signal disconnection which prevented things working once the config window had been opened/closed.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #499
grnlady2
grnlady2 began at the beginning.

Device: HP IPAQ 211
Reading List Plugin

Not sure if I am in the right place but my question is as follows:

Is there a way to set the reading plugin to auto delete book from a list when/after it is saved to disk?

Thanks
Patricia
grnlady2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #500
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Small editing error in your first post, sir. The date for the current release probably ought to be 22 August 2012 instead of 22 September. Love this and a lot of the other plugins you've made. Very helpful.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #501
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
Small editing error in your first post, sir. The date for the current release probably ought to be 22 August 2012 instead of 22 September. Love this and a lot of the other plugins you've made. Very helpful.
Oops - that is what happens when every day is like the next. Welcome back to the future and all that. Thanks, I've fixed the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlady2 View Post
Not sure if I am in the right place but my question is as follows:

Is there a way to set the reading plugin to auto delete book from a list when/after it is saved to disk?

Thanks
Patricia
Not 100% sure of what you want to do, but if you are doing a Connect to Folder, and select the "Clear this list after a sync to this device" option that should give you what you are after.

However if by "Save to disc" you meant the normal "Save" right click option in calibre (rather than doing a connect to folder/sync) then the answer would be no, there is no relationship between those two actions.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #502
odinokij
Enthusiast
odinokij began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the plugin.

I have detected a "little problem" that I'm not sure if it's due to the plugin or calibre, so I inform and the wisemen decide.

The "problem" is that everytime that I add a book to a list, all the metadata.opf files of the books that belong to that reading list are "modified". I have checked with notepad++ that no modification is done in the content of these files but the modification date of the files are changed (these is done by calibre asynchronously)

So after adding a book to a list, when I synchonize my library to a backup copy in other harddisk, I have a lot of metadata.opf files copied because their modification date was changed.

Is there a way to avoid this behaviour?

Thanks a lot.
odinokij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #503
kiwidude

Are you applying a tag or custom column value when an item is added or removed from a list? Only suggestion I have.

The .opf files are calibre's to update as it feels like anytime metadata associated with a book is touched, so I wouldn't suggest getting too fussed about it.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #504
odinokij
Enthusiast

Yes, I associate a value to each list in a custom column.
The strange thing is that not only the metadata.opf of the book that I insert in a list is modified, but the metadata.opf files of each book that belongs to the same list.
Previously to install this plugin, I annotated in the custom column the value (Pending, InDevice, Read...) and this behaviour (modification of all metadata.opf of books with the same value in my custom column) did not occur, so I think it has something to do with the reading list plugin.
Thank you.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #505
kiwidude

Yes adding a book to a list will "reapply" the custom column/tag to every other obok on the list, to ensure that if it was accidentally removed the integrity of that is maintained.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #506
odinokij
Enthusiast

Yes I have checked that is the behaviour, but could it be possible to check first if the custom column/tag in the other books of the list already have the value? so it is not "modified" (in fact there is no modification because the value is already in most of those books but calibre thinks it has been modified and recreates the metadata.opf files)

Last edited by odinokij; 09-18-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #507
odinokij
Enthusiast

I have found another problem with the Reading List plugin more "difficult to cure" in reference to the "merge books" functionality:

- You have the book "X" in calibre that belongs to the Reading List "Lx"
- You add to the calibre library an improved version of the same book "X (v.2)"
- You merge the 2 books (select first "X (v.2)" then select book "X" and then press the 'M' key) so you keep only the "X (v.2)" book with all the data (comments, tags...) that already had the "X" book

... but ...

the new book "X (v.2)" ends up not belonging to the Reading List "Lx" .

Finally, a suggestion of improvement:
- When you select 1 or more books and open the option "Remove From List" the menu that appears shows all the existing lists of the library. It would be smarter if it only show those list that the selected books belongs to, as the plugin already does in the option "move books between lists"

Thank you very much for the plugin.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #508
kiwidude

@odinokj - the Reading List plugin has no way of being notified about merge or delete operations in the library. It can only continually "revalidate" the list to discard any orphaned book ids which are stored on it. So it is known and expected behaviour that if you delete or merge (which is really a delete for one of the books being merged) that the book is no longer on your list. If you want to be sure the book stays on the list, then merge *into* it, so it is not the one deleted.

The second point about removing from lists - on the surface I agree with you, but I will need to think about it some more when I next look at the code. There may have been an intentional reason for it to behave that way, or it may have just been an oversight.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #509
palanka
palanka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi,

I love the plugin and especially the automatic sync to Kindle that also adds Kindle collections!

Now I am wondering whether there is a way to have each book that I add to calibre added to my reading list automatically. What I am doing now is to add a book to calibre and then add it to my reading list manually to have it synced the next time I connect my reader.

While this is a small thing and not really a problem I was just wondering whether I am missing something and there is some way to have the plugin do this little task for me.

Thanks a lot for your help.
palanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #510
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Move to multiple lists

Should I be able to move a book to multiple lists?

I had a book to move to a a list and add to another. I did the move first and found I could select multiple lists in the destinations. When I press OK, it the warning "The selected book(s) do not exist on this list". Both moves were done. A bit of playing, and it displays one less warning than the number of destination lists. So, I suppose it does one move successfully, then it does the others but as the book has been moved from the original list by the first move, it gives this warning.

The obvious fix is to make the destination list only single select. But, I like being able to do multiple moves in one go. Any chance of blocking the warning in this circumstance?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote