Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
Calibre on Samsung Galaxy Tab

So apparently the touch function on my trusty Nook HD is failing and my Dell laptop is on its last legs. As my beloved big brother couldn't stand hearing me whine about this any more, the darling gave me a new Samsung tablet!

There is enough space for my (ridiculously large) Calibre library, but B&N don't allow their app download in my country AND even if they did, they don't allow tag sorting. I can use Calibre Companion or just access stuff from my box and Google Drive, but nothing offers the range of sorting options like Calibre. I guess what I'm asking is, can I install Calibre on my tablet?
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzii View Post
So apparently the touch function on my trusty Nook HD is failing and my Dell laptop is on its last legs. As my beloved big brother couldn't stand hearing me whine about this any more, the darling gave me a new Samsung tablet!

There is enough space for my (ridiculously large) Calibre library, but B&N don't allow their app download in my country AND even if they did, they don't allow tag sorting. I can use Calibre Companion or just access stuff from my box and Google Drive, but nothing offers the range of sorting options like Calibre. I guess what I'm asking is, can I install Calibre on my tablet?
Nope. Calibre runs on Linux / OS/X and Windows but not Android.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
Thanks!

I love how helpful members of this community are... even when I hate what they have to say. Bah humbug! So I'm stuck with Samsung's stupid reader or Google books (which incidentally is another app not available in Trinidad!) huh? Thanks again!
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are many reading programs for android. Check out the Android forum here for comments on them.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@renzii - You can use Calibre Companion on your new Galaxy Tab, but as it's name implies you need to have Calibre running on a regular computer, see ==>> Calibre Companion

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzii View Post
I can use Calibre Companion or just access stuff from my box and Google Drive, but nothing offers the range of sorting options like Calibre.
The Calibre Companion android app offers excellent sorting options including the ability to set two user defined sorts.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

However CC does need a PC with an existing calibre library for the initial loading of the books.

If your laptop is still running well enough, try out the trial version of CC and see if you'd be content with it as the manager on your tablet, along with a reading app of your choice.

The trial version is limited I think to 10 books.

Tags
android, calibre, samsung, sorting, tags