Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
KA1 - Multiple Overdrive Libraries (Success)!

I don't know if this has been implemented or if it's a fluke or what, but I am now able to sync borrowed books from multiple library accounts while only signed into one library on my kobo.

So here is how I have it set up: I have one overdrive account that I log into online with my email and password. All my libraries are attached to the same overdrive account. When I log into my overdrive on my kobo, I pick one of my libraries but log in via my overdrive account (not my library card #).

When I borrow books online from any of my libraries, they all transfer over when I sync my kobo (I don't have to log in and out of multiple libraries on my kobo). Have they changed something to make this happen or is this a fluke? Either way I'm rather enjoying it
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, I don't think this is changed. I'm pretty sure that all books borrowed from the same OD account have always been added the device. From memory, the library associated with the account is used for searching on the device. Only books from this one library will be seen in the store and any searches.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Not a fluke. The Aura One will now sync downloads with all libraries linked to your Overdrive account. It's really nice and convenient!

I can't recall how long it has been. Maybe 2 months? It was discovered that it could be enabled by downloading the Overdrive Libby app. I don't know if you did that recently. You don't have to borrow books through Libby for it to work. Borrowing online is still fine. You just needed to download and setup the Libby app on a device like your phone or tablet. I use iOS devices. If you didn't do that, then perhaps Kobo has made another further change to make it even easier.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 09-24-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was around early July. Here is the old thread.
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=288392
Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
kelley5454
kelley5454 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo One Aura
Can one of you help me?

O got a Kobo Aura one today, realized I can only put in one library so I went and signed into all my libraries online in overdrive using the same overdrive account. It will only sync a book if I log into the library specifically on the Kobo One Aura. Then I have to sign out and login to a different library (all with the same overdrive account) Is there some reason mine isn't syncing like all of yours?
kelley5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Follow the link in the post above and it explains how to setup your libraries with the Overdrive app called Libby. Then it will sync multiple Overdrive libraries.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #7
kelley5454

I must just have bad luck because I did that and have all my libraries in the same Libby but it still will not sync them unless I log into each one individually on the KOBO which is a pain.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
kelley5454

So I tried this again. Went to Libby...checked out a book. Synced my Kobo and nothing. This absolutely does not work for me what am I doing wrong I followed the instructions. All my cards are linked in my Libby account.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Have you checked that the books you have borrowed are available in the Kobo store? Not every book from Overdrive will sync with the Kobo store and show up in your KA1.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #10
kelley5454

Yes I have checked

Yes, I search for the book in Kobo store and it is available to buy. I borrowed it from the library in Libby it never synced. I had to go to the device logout of the library I was logged into. Log back in with the other library and only then do the books sync. This is going to be a real problem for my daughter who I also bought one of these for. I may need to send it back and get a kindle oasis for her. The constant logging in and out for as much as she reads will get annoying very fast. I am already annoyed that it can only do one library.. very disappointed but thank you for your help....

Surprisingly Kobo doesn't have the popular books by Hugh Howey so I will have to learn to side load those from my computer using adobe.... Again thanks for your help, still sad about the overdrive thing though

Last edited by kelley5454; 11-17-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley5454 View Post
Yes, I search for the book in Kobo store and it is available to buy. I borrowed it from the library in Libby it never synced. I had to go to the device logout of the library I was logged into. Log back in with the other library and only then do the books sync. This is going to be a real problem for my daughter who I also bought one of these for. I may need to send it back and get a kindle oasis for her. The constant logging in and out for as much as she reads will get annoying very fast. I am already annoyed that it can only do one library.. very disappointed but thank you for your help.

Also I have other books already checked on another device out and Kobo only loads the preview, so I can't read them on the reader...I was very excited about these...
Are you using the a library account or your Overdrive account to log in on your Kobo? In some limited testing, if I used the Overdrive account, multiple libraries worked while using the library account, as would be expected, only worked for that library.

You might also run into the versions issue -- check if the ISBN is the same for the book in the Kobo store and the book on the library website.

If you select the Overdrive option at the right end of the search box, does it show the book with Borrow or Place a hold? If you have Kobo selected in the search box, seeing the Buy option is meaningless, you would need to tap on the ... menu and see Borrow with Overdrive or Place a hold with Overdrive to know if the book is available for borrowing though this is limited to the library your Kobo is currently connected to.

And, finally, there are quite a few books available from Overdrive that Kobo either does not sell or has a different version for sale.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-17-2017 at 02:31 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
i may be wrong but KA1 has integration with just Overdrive accounts and not Libby.
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #13
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAJ View Post
i may be wrong but KA1 has integration with just Overdrive accounts and not Libby.
Libby is an app by Overdrive. It can manage your Overdrive library cards and settings, browse your libraries, read or listen to items you've borrowed, etc. If you check out a book within the Libby app, then it will show up on your KA1 when you sync it.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:05 AM   #14
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I initially had problems setting this up. Nothing I did would cause the second library loans to appear on my KA1. It was very confusing, so I reset everything and started from scratch. Tada! Multiple Libraries. I love my KA1. I'll share my steps for other confused souls. I don't know how much of these are necessary, but this is how I got things working:

1) I created an OverDrive account at overdrive.com and linked my libraries to it on their site.
2) I reset my Libby install on my iPad by poking around the app. Tap on the library menu icon (≡) at the top right. Scroll the pane down, and tap on the Libby logo. This accesses an advanced menu. "Reset Application" is bright red at the bottom.
3) Now when setting up Libby from scratch, use your OverDrive account email and password.
4) The app will ask you to search for a library. Select one of the libraries you set up with your OverDrive account. You will be prompted to add your library card. Scroll down and log in with OverDrive instead. Now add the library card information.
5) Add your other libraries.
6) If you used a library card to log into OverDrive on your KA1, log out. Then setup OverDrive on your KA1 again. It will prompt you for a library, so I used the first one that I added to Libby. Then I logged in with my OverDrive username and password instead of the library card.
7) Sync your KA1
8) Multiple libraries!

I hope this helps. Thanks to all those above who pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited by Cootey; 12-17-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing your reset procedure. Hopefully it helps someone else in the future.