Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 06:35 PM   #316
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Color PB633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdiy View Post
If this doesn't happen in 2020-09, that's a regression indeed.

Try commenting out this line https://github.com/koreader/koreader...evice.lua#L430
I installed again the 2020-09 and it works correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'd open a dedicated issue on GitHub, that's the best way to get actual visibility on this.

Speaking of, initial color support is still awaiting testers: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680
my programming skills are zero, but If You tell me exactly, in simple mode how I could do it I can try. (I have not a gitub account, I have to take it?)
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #317
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I installed again the 2020-09 and it works correctly.

my programming skills are zero, but If You tell me exactly, in simple mode how I could do it I can try. (I have not a gitub account, I have to take it?)
The file is `applications/koreader/frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua` directly on your pocketbook usb storage (ie live copy of koreader), no need to github anything. Just find the same line (430), and comment it out, so it looks like this afterwards:

Code:
-- PocketBook Color (633)
local PocketBook633 = PocketBook:new{
    model = "PBColor",
    display_dpi = 300,
    hasColorScreen = yes,
    canUseCBB = no, -- 24bpp
    isAlwaysPortrait = yes,
    --usingForcedRotation = landscape_ccw,
}
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #318
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated from OTA and then I commented the line but there is the same issue: it always flashes also if I settle it on "never" or "each 6 pages" ecc.

And how can I help also for color?

Last edited by ps67; 10-14-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #319
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
I updated from OTA and then I commented the line but there is the same issue: it always flashes also if I settle it on "never" or "each 6 pages" ecc.

And how can I help also for color?
Seems to be GL16 related. Copy the whole section from:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...mxcfb.lua#L698

that is:

Code:
        require("ffi/mxcfb_pocketbook_h")

self.mech_refresh = refresh_pocketbook
        self.mech_wait_update_complete = pocketbook_mxc_wait_for_update_complete

self.waveform_fast = C.WAVEFORM_MODE_DU
        self.waveform_ui = C.WAVEFORM_MODE_GC16
        self.waveform_flashui = self.waveform_ui
        self.waveform_full = C.WAVEFORM_MODE_GC16
        self.waveform_partial = C.WAVEFORM_MODE_GC16
        self.waveform_night = C.WAVEFORM_MODE_GC16
        self.waveform_flashnight = self.waveform_night
        self.night_is_reagl = false
And replace the lines in your live koreader copy - https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L719-L731
- with the above. The file is in applications/koreader/ffi/framebuffer_mxcfb.lua.

With color it's substantially more involved back and forth like this, so depends how keen you're on that
Old 10-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #320
ps67
Fanatic

I tried with 6 and with custom 10 and it works. It works also never. After never I had to restart KOReader because it was blocked on never, then it worked again.

The second time I tried never it was blocked again on never, then I had a crash after going to the file manager. After that it has restarted itself (I touched the screen and pushed the buttons). And now it seems to work correctly with the desired refresh.

Where I can find the log of crash to post it if You are interested?

About color: I love my ereaders and I love KOReader (I can't install it on my Kindle ). The only problem for me could be time, but let's try.

Edit: I maintained the file `applications/koreader/frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua` with the commented line as above.

second edit: now each time I escape from a book and go to the file manager I have a crash, may related or not to refresh, I am not able to guess. After 2-3 seconds KOReader restarts itself without I do nothing.

Last edited by ps67; 10-14-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Advert
Old 10-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #321
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
I tried with 6 and with custom 10 and it works. It works also never. After never I had to restart KOReader because it was blocked on never, then it worked again.

The second time I tried never it was blocked again on never, then I had a crash after going to the file manager. After that it has restarted itself (I touched the screen and pushed the buttons). And now it seems to work correctly with the desired refresh.

Where I can find the log of crash to post it if You are interested?

About color: I love my ereaders and I love KOReader (I can't install it on my Kindle ). The only problem for me could be time, but let's try.

Edit: I maintained the file `applications/koreader/frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua` with the commented line as above.

second edit: now each time I escape from a book and go to the file manager I have a crash, may related or not to refresh, I am not able to guess. After 2-3 seconds KOReader restarts itself without I do nothing.
Bleh. Can you get a crash.log (with debugging enabled - third icon in FM, page to to end, more tools -> developer options -> enabled debugging & verbose logging)?
Old 10-15-2020, 01:33 AM   #322
ps67
Fanatic

Quote:
Bleh. Can you get a crash.log (with debugging enabled - third icon in FM, page to to end, more tools -> developer options -> enabled debugging & verbose logging)?
I enabled verbose debugging and I had a crash as usual when exiting from a book and going to file manager.

This is the crash.log file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash.zip (23.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by ps67; 10-15-2020 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:54 AM   #323
EastEriq
Connoisseur
EastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipedia

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
(with debugging enabled - third icon in FM, page to to end, more tools -> developer options -> enabled debugging & verbose logging)?
curiosity - why don't I see Developer otions? I have 2020.10-1 on PB631. Only Battery Statistics, Synchronize time, Tweak document settings, Terminal emulator and Plugin mangement.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:49 AM   #324
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Only Battery Statistics, Synchronize time, Tweak document settings, Terminal emulator and Plugin mangement.
Works only in FM, not with book open (deliberately).
Old 10-15-2020, 05:02 AM   #325
EastEriq
Connoisseur
EastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipedia

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Works only in FM, not with book open (deliberately).
Ah right. Thanks!
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:39 AM   #326
nhedgehog
Fanatic
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
koreader-pocketbook-v2020.10.1-2-g5e231d7_2020-10-16 crashes

Not sure if this is the right place to report:

Got a neverending crash while starting nightly koreader-pocketbook-v2020.10.1-2-g5e231d7_2020-10-16, had to go back to koreader-pocketbook-v2020.10.1-1-gdfe3502_2020-10-15 which works fine.
Device: PB631
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash1.log.txt (20.0 KB, 15 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #327
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to report:

Got a neverending crash while starting nightly koreader-pocketbook-v2020.10.1-2-g5e231d7_2020-10-16, had to go back to koreader-pocketbook-v2020.10.1-1-gdfe3502_2020-10-15 which works fine.
Device: PB631
My bad, next nightly should work (this affects only pocketbooks, the build should be fine on others).
Old 10-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #328
nhedgehog
Fanatic
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a strange behaviour with yesterdays nightly but I'm not sure, if this is really KoReader related:
1) KoReader was the last open App in foreground.
2) I plugged in an USB charger and charged the Pocketbook (PB631 rooted).
3) Wife removed charger after some hours PB went out.
4) Switch it on today and it says "battery low please recharge".
5) Plugged it into charger, only trickle current is charging (10mA)+device LED indicates full charge.
6) Removed all Auto Switch Off options in Settings (not in KoReader) and run on full light. Device is now constantly nagging the Power is low but since 1h running on full light and battery percentage has not changed.

Question: Is it possible that KoReader somehow manipulated the device into believing wrong battery status?

Edit: I don't need help to solve this, I'm discharging the device now hoping to reset the battery status. Just wanted to inform about this, in case it is KoReader related

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-19-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:03 PM   #329
nhedgehog
Fanatic

Add: Just remembering that I used the batterystats plugin in KoReader and since it didn't show much except some time data I pressed "If you would like to reset data, please tap here"

Does this change the charge threshhold of the system? If so, this sounds quite dangerous.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:24 PM   #330
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
@nhedgehog: the battery stats plugin just read the battery and writes data to a file. When you resetAll data you're deleting the file, that's it.

And nope, KO doesn't manipulate the device or charges the threeshold of the system. It just read from sysfs on linux. (in pocketbook it is using the inkview.GetBatteryPower() wrapper, but that doesn't change how it works).

As a rule of thumb, you should never believe what batterystats says. Which means you shouldn't believe what the battery gauge says. They're broken in many different ways across the same model/platform/device/fw/whatever
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pdf