Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone SE 2020
In praise of per book custom CSS

I just installed KOReader on my Clara and have been enjoying it very much -- WAY more than I expected to, and yet another reason just hit me.

Per-book CSS is a feature that I thought I'd never use, I'm just not that picky, but I've been reading a book that frequently switches streams without a chapter break or any real warning other than a small amount of extra space between the paragraphs. More than once I've had to go back and re-read a paragraph when I realized that the book had switched to a completely different thread and try to figure out what was going on.

Anyhow, I've been struggling with this for 3 or 4 days, but today I realized that since I've switched to KOReader I could take advantage of the built in CSS customizations. I noticed that the paragraphs that weren't indented had their own style (thanks to the HTML viewer for a given selection), so I was able to just add a very simple line:

p.paranoident { border-top:2px solid }

...and now I have a nice visual break between sections!

It's the little things like this that really add up! Yes, I could edit my original book file, but to be able to just do it on the fly, on the device, without having to re-copy the file was a game-changer!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Yep, style tweaks are pretty much *the* killer feature for me too, because I can no longer be arsed to deal with this beforehand in Calibre.

Especially because there's often a large gap in time between the moment I load a book and the moment I actually start reading it .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
There are now so many killer features in Koreader, that it should be named a serial killer...
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I love style tweaks too, but mainly for dealing with difficult footnotes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Is there documentation for KOReader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is it's WiKi at Koreader/koreader on github. Of course, it is way behind all the added features and improvements.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:22 AM   #7
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone SE 2020
But there is quite a bit of documentation -- I've had to google a few times, but reading the docs has been enlightening.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:31 AM   #8
cellaris
Enthusiast
cellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanecellaris makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
The best manual is to follow the change log links for each version. There is a monthly summary with the highlights.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
The best manual is to follow the change log links for each version. There is a monthly summary with the highlights.
I think when the what's new is made, it should also be added to the Wiki and all the previous what's new should be added.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #10
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think when the what's new is made, it should also be added to the Wiki and all the previous what's new should be added.
If you mean the "what's new" in each release that @Cellaris talked about, that's a bit technical sometimes: see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2020.09 for example. It is indeed useful for current users, but not that much for newcomers.

If you mean documenting each new feature added into the wiki then you're right. It is one of the ways to support the project. Contributions are very welcome.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #11
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Excellent, I hope you'll help with the project by contributing.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote