Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 03:08 AM   #3211
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CH23: Most of the incremental KoboUSBMS tweaks I emplemented required touching the startup script.

This requires a full, proper Exit -> Start cycle to take (or a device reboot ).

With a simple KOReader restart, the old startup script keeps being used, and it doesn't know how to deal with the new changes, which at best means it gets caught by the crash handler (i.e., the crash screen), at worst means it gets caught by the USBMS failsafe (i.e., the device shuts down after a while).
d'oh! I should have known better. that solved it, love the status bar. I think by now I could just kick out KMS/Nickel and exclusively boot to koreader.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #3212
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Does the Calibre Wireless connection support using a domain name to connect to Calibre, or is it required to be an IP?
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #3213
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
I don't think we actually have a way to coerce an input field like that, so my gut feeling would say that yeah, that should work, as long as the device can actually resolve that hostname.

But, never tried it myself .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #3214
binarymelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I don't think we actually have a way to coerce an input field like that, so my gut feeling would say that yeah, that should work, as long as the device can actually resolve that hostname.

But, never tried it myself .
It doesn't seem to work. When I'm local I can connect fine by IP, but it doesn't seem to work remotely through my domain. I'll have to see If I can dig up some logs to see why it fails.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #3215
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Ah. Remotely.

Then extra emphasis on *as long as the device can resolve that hostname*, plus, *as long as said Calibre instance (and specifically the Wireless thingy) is accessible remotely*.
The latter may be easier said than done (I have no knowledge of the actual implementation of the protocol, but there will surely be routing shenanigans required).
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #3216
binarymelon

How can you override the supported calibre formats mentioned in this comment here (https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ensions.lua#L5). It looks like it tries to load a calibre-extensions.lua file from users data directory, but I'm not sure where that is.

Edit: I'm running on a Kobo if that's relevant.

Last edited by binarymelon; 09-25-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:40 PM   #3217
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymelon View Post
How can you override the supported calibre formats mentioned in this comment here (https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ensions.lua#L5). It looks like it tries to load a calibre-extensions.lua file from users data directory, but I'm not sure where that is.

Edit: I'm running on a Kobo if that's relevant.
The same folder where the program is installed (/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader)
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote