Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #28726
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Which covers the death of Alfred the Great and the aftermath. Very good indeed.

And now straight onto the 7th in this series, The Pagan Lord.
The Pagan Lord was also excellent. I'll leave the rest of the series for a bit now.

Next up I read The Toll-Gate by Georgette Heyer. Which I bought way back in August 2012. A most enjoyable romantic drama.

And now I'm reading Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2019 edition.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:42 AM   #28727
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up I read The Toll-Gate by Georgette Heyer. Which I bought way back in August 2012. A most enjoyable romantic drama.
One of my favourites of hers. Acquired back in Sep of 2011 when they first had a huge sale on Heyer romances. I also recently finished a Heyer -- These Old Shades, the first of the Devil's cub sequence.

Currently treading water, waiting for the release of False Values, the new Ben Aaronivitch. So I'm doing some re-reading, and just finished up reading Anne of Green Gables -- the New Leaf Book Club selection that we'll start discussing tomorrow.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #28728
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Still slogging on The Black Prism. Has anyone else read this book? What did you think?
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #28729
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new Kindle Oasis (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Still slogging on The Black Prism. Has anyone else read this book? What did you think?
I read the whole Lightbringer series and really enjoyed it.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #28730
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Since my last post:

And then there were Crumbs by Eve Calder. Most of this seemed to be about cooking and eating and meeting the very pleasant people of Coral Cay, Florida. The characters were actually quite well drawn, even if it is not quite credible that they should all get along so well, but the conversations are reported in such detail as to get quite tedious. The book did eventually get around to investigating a murder mystery, when it could fit it in between meals, but it didn't amount to much. I prefer more sparks and intrigue in my murder mysteries. 2.5/5 (I gave it the extra 0.5 is because the idea is kinda cute, it just needed more mystery and less food).

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - that we're discussing now over in the New Leaf Book Club.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #28731
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Started The Library Book by Susan Orlean, and liking it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote