Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-05-2020, 09:13 PM   #76
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
King has more bad books than good, IMO. You need to choose carefully. Someone so prolific can't stay as good.
I haven't read King in ages. Used to all the time when I was younger. For some reason I wanted the new book. I found it just okay, nothing spectacular or super scary in it.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #77
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Only completed one book in January so I'm already behind on my GR challenge. Great start for the year!
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #78
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Only completed one book in January so I'm already behind on my GR challenge. Great start for the year!
I just put 20 books for my challenge. Goodreads says I’m on track! Whew.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #79
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Okay, I'm slow with fully updating, but did this morning for January.

Monthly Stats
Total Read: 25
E-books: 14
Kindle Unlimited: 9
Scribd Audiobook: 3
Audible Audiobooks: 5
Paperback/Hardcover: 3

I read a lot of short books for challenge purposes. A lot of stinkers and books I'm not always interested in, but of course some good ones.

I'm continuing to love Scribd, the old Perry Mason's are short and fascinating audiobooks, I added in a goal to get through more of them this year as part of a generalized goal.

I broke down the Audiobook collection of Michael McDowell's Blackwater Saga into different books although it's technically a one-book Omnibus Audiobook. I listened to them separately when each book ended, though, and so counted them separately since for me the experience was separate. Short books, about 200 pages each, well recommended audio.

Kindle Unlimited Subscription paid off again since I read 9 using that service.

3 is a good number for getting through books I had on my shelves.

I made progress with these goals this month ---

Perry Mason Audiobook Challenge on Scribd = 3/10
Harlequin Romance Backlog of Books = 3/15
Backlog of horror ARCs from Silver Shamrock Publishing = 1/8
Anthology Goal: 1/10

In February I'm going to concentrate on some small books for challenges, cozy mystery starter series, more on the silver shamrock horror anthologies, a gothic or so, and random books - we shall see.

Rating of January for reading was a great month overall. Some progress on goals, read more than usual for January, had fun, didn't find any top new favorites but still good times.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #80
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I haven't read King in ages. Used to all the time when I was younger. For some reason I wanted the new book. I found it just okay, nothing spectacular or super scary in it.
I don't find that he focuses on horror as much anymore, which is fine.

He writes excellent drama that has been underrated, IMO. Different season's novellas were particularly well done with Shawshank, Apt Pupil, The Body (which made the great movie Stand by Me), and I consider Dolores Claiborne a well done drama.

His fantasy stuff isn't bad either with Dark Tower and Eyes of the Dragon, his writing style suits it.

His attempts at mystery and hard case crime have been average but I like he's tried his hand at it.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote