Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Tiny specks of light on PW screen

A friend of mine gave me his old Kindle Paperwhite 2 to sell on ebay. After I cleaned the device, I noticed several tiny specks of light on the screen, like tiny holes in the surface where light shines through. I've seen this on several Kindles being on display in shops and I've had one on my first own Kindle, which Amazon replaced then.

Does anyone know where this damage comes from? Could it come from scratches on the screen or are the holes below the touch surface? I wouldn't think there's a way to repair them, is there?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
That was a known quirk of the PW2, yeah. You can check the forum for "light pinhole" issues for all the doom and misery of the time .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Newer models like the Kobo's and voyage have it too (my one voyage only has one) I think it has to do with the layers they use. I know we're in kindle forum but this issue is MUCH more prevalent in Kobo's , new and old
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
my kobo forma has this light pinhole as well near the bottom edge.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote