Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #121
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If they are not making the source code of whatever they are selling available, they are indeed breaching the terms of calibre's license. Not to mention just being all round scumbags trying to profit from other people's hard work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #122
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Hello there!
Thank you for this Kovidgoyal.
I've recently updated from 3.X to 4.3, and the only problem I notice is the slow speed when scrolling down/up the ebook list.

Is this a know bug or is it my system/installation specific? Thanks
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #123
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are no changes to boo list speed that I know of.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #124
ruisp
ruisp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Error in data entry in fields with a dropdown list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
In my Win 10 64 Bit system with Calibre 4.3 drop down boxes in Edit Metadata (tags & series) still do not allow data entry without mouse clicking after every character.

First character typed brings up drop down list but any further characters (i.e. new entry) have to have a mouse click in the box. Gone back to 4.1 until I can find a reason.
I am also experiencing this bizarre error. Only when the characters entered into the field no longer match any entry in the list does it behave normally.

It started with 4.2. I believe.
ruisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:11 AM   #125
ruisp

Error in data entry in fields with a dropdown list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruisp View Post
I am also experiencing this bizarre error. Only when the characters entered into the field no longer match any entry in the list does it behave normally.

No change in 4.4. It's quite odd that only a few people get this error, I admit.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #126
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Its some program on your computer that is interfering reboot in safe mode and it will work fine, as confirmation.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:14 PM   #127
ruisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruisp View Post

Well, as it came in 4.2, it has gone away at version 4.8. Working perfectly now. Go figure...
Old 01-16-2020, 04:38 AM   #128
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please do not use a specific Calibre version in a thread topic as that changes and also, please make the thread topic more specific. Generic thread topics can get ignored.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote