Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
JESimmons
JESimmons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Saving edits in calibre

I'm trying to put a border around an image on a page. I open the book in calibre, go to the page, highlight the image, right-click and go to inspect. In the inspection screen, I go to the css in the right column and enter margin: 10px.
I exit from the inspection area and look at the calibre reader page and the image is bordered exactly as I want. I close the reader.

I reopen the reader and all the changes are gone - the image again has no border and in the inspection area, the added css is gone.

I hope this isn't the stupidist question in the history of the forum, but how do I save the changes in css that I make in calibre?
Thanks in advance,
John
JESimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer is not meant for editing. You cannot make changes to ebook files with it. If you want to edit, use a program like Sigil.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
JESimmons
JESimmons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Thanks,
I make the changes in Sigil, it looks perfect, reload into Calibre and Calibre removes the margin. Why?
Thanks in advance.
john
JESimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you run a convert in calibre, margins are set by calibre. To control the value of those margins, use the conversion options.

If you don ont run a convert, margins are not affected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote