Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
charleyn
charleyn began at the beginning.

Device: Android Kindle app
Latest Kindle app for Android won't read .mobi

Amazon updated the Kindle app for Android on 10/26/2018 to version 8.12.0.59. It will no longer read .mobi files produced by Calibre recipes. In fact it crashes when I try to read them. This includes .mobi files that the previous version read just fine.

I downloaded a .mobi file from Project Gutenberg and the new version will read it correctly, so it can read some .mobi files.

Any ideas?
charleyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Report it to amazon with a sample mobi file that causes the crash and hopefully they will fix it. Switch to using some other reading software in the meantime.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle app, recipes