Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Welcome to the new Tolino forum

A few threads have been moved and I'll continue to add them. Device prefixes also can be added, if you'd like. Any other requests as this is being set up?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
A few threads have been moved and I'll continue to add them. Device prefixes also can be added, if you'd like. Any other requests as this is being set up?
Well, this is strange. I just bought a used Tolino Page on eBay today. I'm guessing, though, that this forum will mostly be for folks in Europe. (Though I think I will report on the Page – and how well it can be used in the U.S. without access to the Tolino Cloud – when it comes in.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One oddity I've noticed is that the new forums such as this one and the server subforum in the calibre forum do not have an icon preceding the forum name.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One oddity I've noticed is that the new forums such as this one and the server subforum in the calibre forum do not have an icon preceding the forum name.
Yes. We're trying to sort something on that front; it has to do with ftp access. In the meantime, we thought it best to go ahead with forum creation; the icons look nice but they're not necessary to a functioning new forum.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
and how well it can be used in the U.S. without access to the Tolino Cloud – when it comes in.)
You will have access to Tolino Cloud. Your Tolino is registered in one of German's bookstore and your account (you have to login to ereader) will give you access to the cloud as well.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
You will have access to Tolino Cloud. Your Tolino is registered in one of German's bookstore and your account (you have to login to ereader) will give you access to the cloud as well.
Well that's good to know. I just assumed I wouldn't since the Tolino site says that the Page is "not available in your country." I also see that there may be issues with installing my own fonts (by reading some of the other posts). I guess I'll know soon as the Page is supposed to arrive today.

Thanks for the information.

EDIT: The Tolino Page arrived. Excellent screen. Lots of questions (which I'll ask later). Was extremely happy to find out that I can directly download books from Overdrive. Fonts "incompatible." (?) Well work on that, I guess, but the Bitter font seems to work pretty well and it's nice and dark.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-21-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:46 AM   #7
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Lots of questions (which I'll ask later).
Let's moove to new thread. Anyway, maybe you will be able to translate and read my Tolino Page test (http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/1...rodziny-tolino). It should help you a lot.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
No SD card options?
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
No SD card options?
Not on the Tolino Page.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #10
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Quote:
...Was extremely happy to find out that I can directly download books from Overdrive...
Can you kindly explain how?
Thanks in advance.
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
Can you kindly explain how?
Thanks in advance.
Sure. Hopefully it works the same on your Tolino and with your library.

First thing I did was go to My Accounts and clicked on the Adobe DRM selection. Then logged in with my user name (email address) and password. I only had to do this once.

Then I used the built-in browser and went to my Fort Worth Public Library Overdrive page, which I know from experience is ...

fwpl.overdrive.com (I bookmarked this page to make it easier to get there.)

(I should mention, you have to be patient with the browser. At times I thought it wasn't doing anything, but it was just slow.)

(I notice it automatically goes to https://fwpl.overdrive.com – so maybe just type in the "https://" to start with?)

Once on the page, I've got blurbs about books that have been "Just Added" and an ad for the Libbey app. Near the top, by the little book icon, there's a Menu icon (three horizontal lines). I just tap that Menu (and wait).

Once I do that I get to a Sign In button. Since I chose "Sign in with your library card" the first time, that's the only option I see. I think there were other options originally, though.

Since I told it to remember my card number (there's a small check mark), I just have to click on the Card Number slot and the number appears above it. I just click on that number, type in my password in the password slot, then choose "Remember on this device" (I don't know if I have to do that every time, but I do.

Once logged in, I get back to the "Just added" screen, but if I click on the Menu icon, it opens up to several choices (including Search) and my account and from here I can do everything I do on my computer – just really slowly and awkwardly (it takes patience).

Once I find my book, I just tap on it, get the information page with the "Borrow" button. Tap that and I get the 7, 14, 21 day drop down with another "Borrow" button. At that point I get the "Download Kindle or ePub" choices and I click ePub. Then I'll get a "Device Compatibility Notice" where it says the "The Overdrive app is required for this format on your current device." I can either Confirm or Cancel. I choose confirm, the books starts downloading with a notice that the Adobe DRM is opening the book – and then the book is in my list, showing "Borrowed" with "20 days left."

To return a book, I just "long press" the cover and I get the option to Return.

I should mention that i have NOT registered this Tolino Page device with any service (Thalia.de is the one that shows up on the bottom with four book covers on the bottom). I also have a "Log in now" button at the top. I don't where or how I would log in (and maybe that's why I can download Overdrive books?). (Just thought of that.)

And this is how I do it. I may just be lucky. I don't know, but I just downloaded two more books (J.R.R. Tolkien's Book of Lost Tales, parts 1 & 2) to try it out again.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Sure. Hopefully it works the same on your Tolino and with your library.
It works the same on my Tolino epos (11.2.2) but I find it almost painful using the web browser.

Quote:
I should mention that i have NOT registered this Tolino Page device with any service (Thalia.de is the one that shows up on the bottom with four book covers on the bottom). I also have a "Log in now" button at the top. I don't where or how I would log in (and maybe that's why I can download Overdrive books?). (Just thought of that.)
AFAIK, the Log in now is for logging into a German ebookstore (thalia,de, weltbild.de, hugendubel.de are ones that I am aware of). This login seems to have no effect on being able to download .acsm files once your Adobe activation is done. I've also downloaded from the Kobo bookstore using the web browser for both DRM and non-DRM ebooks.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It works the same on my Tolino epos (11.2.2) but I find it almost painful using the web browser.

AFAIK, the Log in now is for logging into a German ebookstore (thalia,de, weltbild.de, hugendubel.de are ones that I am aware of). This login seems to have no effect on being able to download .acsm files once your Adobe activation is done. I've also downloaded from the Kobo bookstore using the web browser for both DRM and non-DRM ebooks.
Agreed on the painfulness of using the web browser. But in my case, since I don't really log into my Windows partitions very often (often not for months) and I don't want to run Wine on my Linux box, my Tolino Page and Sony PRS-T2 are the most convenient way for me to borrow ePubs via Overdrive.

Glad to see that registering with one of the German companies won't effect this – although, at this point, I don't really see much reason to register with Thalia or one of the others. (Unless they sell English books?) I guess there's also the Cloud storage, but I'm not worried about that.)

I meant to add to the first post ... the only reason I tried borrowing from Overdrive on the Tolino Page in the first place is because the manual mentioned it could be done. I would have never even tried it except for that.