Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #2626
caranajyu
caranajyu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic 2 white KT3
screensaver hack not working

I HAD MY KINDLE BASIC 2(WHITE) KT3 JAIL BROKEN.
HOT FIXED ALSO
BUT NOT ABLE TO UPDATE MY DEVICE AFTER PUTTING THOSE FILES IN ROOT

HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!
caranajyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #2627
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Please do not shout.

"THOSE FILES" ? What files?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #2628
la_tristesse
la_tristesse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm unable to install any of the provided bin files of this thread. I can copy them to the root of my Kindle Basic 2 (2016 Black) (KT3) but the [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle entry isnt available (greyed out). If I connect the Kindle again to my linux machine the bin file is just gone - nothing is there. I dont get it.
la_tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #2629
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_tristesse View Post
I'm unable to install any of the provided bin files of this thread. I can copy them to the root of my Kindle Basic 2 (2016 Black) (KT3) but the [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle entry isnt available (greyed out). If I connect the Kindle again to my linux machine the bin file is just gone - nothing is there. I dont get it.
You need to use the mrpi

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:31 AM   #2630
la_tristesse
la_tristesse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
IMPORTANT: Remember that on FW >= 5.5.x, using MRPI is REQUIRED to install custom packages!
I'm sorry. I must have missed that notice. So I copied the bin file to the root of the kindle usb mount and ejected it and hit KUAL Booklet -> Helper+ -> Install MR Packages but it says No MR packages found. Any suggestions?
la_tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #2631
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_tristesse View Post
I'm sorry. I must have missed that notice. So I copied the bin file to the root of the kindle usb mount and ejected it and hit KUAL Booklet -> Helper+ -> Install MR Packages but it says No MR packages found. Any suggestions?
Yep: read MRPI manual first.
.bin files must NOT be copied to kindle root, but in a mrpackages subfolder that you might have to create manually
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:33 AM   #2632
DDOStoyevsky
DDOStoyevsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 8
Hi, i have jailbroken kindle KT3 only for these ss. So, i have been upset when they had'nt worked. I have a hack screen after install, but when i'm trying to install my own ss i'm seing a picture as in the last mode, i think. And after restart i can see hack screen, but only once too. then last screen again.
It is 5.8.5 version.

Last edited by DDOStoyevsky; 12-24-2017 at 05:36 AM.
DDOStoyevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #2633
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDOStoyevsky View Post
Hi, i have jailbroken kindle KT3 only for these ss. So, i have been upset when they had'nt worked. I have a hack screen after install, but when i'm trying to install my own ss i'm seing a picture as in the last mode, i think. And after restart i can see hack screen, but only once too. then last screen again.
It is 5.8.5 version.
Is there a question in there somewhere?
Old 12-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #2634
DDOStoyevsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is there a question in there somewhere?
Technically there is'nt. How can i get a screensaver?
Old 12-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #2635
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Technically there is'nt. How can i get a screensaver?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Old 12-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #2636
DDOStoyevsky

I have seen this page. What I must to do?
Old 12-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #2637
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have seen this page. What I must to do?
Read the directions included in the archive.
Install the package.
You will need to install the Python package for some of the features also.
Read those directions also.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:34 PM   #2638
DDOStoyevsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read the directions included in the archive.
Install the package.
You will need to install the Python package for some of the features also.
Read those directions also.
Maybe i understood you bad, but i have installed Python yet, so as MRPI and Kual. I have the problem on right and full how can i jugde installation.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #2639
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Maybe i understood you bad, but i have installed Python yet, so as MRPI and Kual. I have the problem on right and full how can i jugde installation.
post in your native language, or use an on-line translation service.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #2640
penguintri
Enthusiast
penguintri began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hi, I've just updated my PW2 to the 5.9.2.0.1 and have successfully installed the new booklet version of KUAL.

However, I am having some problems reinstalling the screensavers hack. When I try to install it I get a package script failed error as per the screenshot on the link below. I am using the latest screensavers hack from the snapshots thread.

Python goes through and installs correctly it seems.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/shar...TSsb1kV3FWIzH8
penguintri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch