Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 04:57 AM   #46
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm in the US. I have V5.4.4.1
last updated Apri 7, 2020
"Added this application to register BILLING for the aplication"

I was in the beta group for new versions of Calibre Companion under previous management.

All is well in the world. I removed the beta, installed the previous production version v5.4.3.3 restored my settings and Moon+ opened.

Last edited by copyrite; 04-10-2020 at 05:13 AM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #47
Otemachi
Otemachi began at the beginning.

Device: win10, ipad
Thumbs down Used to be a great app.

So Sam,

You are in marketing. That was all I needed to hear, to know that this was all going to downhill.

An amazing app, used by many, loved. now ruined.

New developer my arse, you don't know the first thing about development, testing or even how it works, I suggest plurasight, you might learn something, it was free this month.

I will put in subscription based fees, and some marketing polls, give me a break. Sure I understand the move the a subscription modal, who wouldn't at this time, but you screwed over your existing users, but not following the apple app store guidelines.

I understand you, you saw an opportunity to make a quick buck, and thought that you would use other peoples kind generosity to support you. What a said evil person you are at a time like this, But its not quite working out for you is it, because you are not a developer who loves to help the community, your struggling with how to code, and you have no idea how to test properly. Your failing is far too obvious, you are a greedy little marketing person.

Personally I've deleted it, and I don't care if the project dies, because you sir, can talk all the words in the world, but it is just all crap.

Good bye. Sam in Marketing.
Otemachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #48
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otemachi View Post
So Sam,

You are in marketing. That was all I needed to hear, to know that this was all going to downhill.

An amazing app, used by many, loved. now ruined.

New developer my arse, you don't know the first thing about development, testing or even how it works, I suggest plurasight, you might learn something, it was free this month.

I will put in subscription based fees, and some marketing polls, give me a break. Sure I understand the move the a subscription modal, who wouldn't at this time, but you screwed over your existing users, but not following the apple app store guidelines.

I understand you, you saw an opportunity to make a quick buck, and thought that you would use other peoples kind generosity to support you. What a said evil person you are at a time like this, But its not quite working out for you is it, because you are not a developer who loves to help the community, your struggling with how to code, and you have no idea how to test properly. Your failing is far too obvious, you are a greedy little marketing person.

Personally I've deleted it, and I don't care if the project dies, because you sir, can talk all the words in the world, but it is just all crap.

Good bye. Sam in Marketing.
1. Our marketing has paid off actually. We receive 30x the amount of downloads we used to.

2. I'm not a developer

3. We didn't break any guidelines.

4. We are actually shipping great updates now.

5. Sam in marketing will continue on
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #49
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Sam, it's too soon to boast.
I am not an apple T&C expert. But several posters have raised point 3.

Point 4 is an exaggeration .
You have shipped one update, then a couple of minor bug fixes for immediatly reported new issues. 2.01, 2.02, 2.03 is indicative of one update and. 2 quick fixes

I think your team is finally back on track but early days....

Posters who have made a grand total of one posts here, can safely be ignored ,if said post is basically an attack. Don't feed the trolls.

But as you took the troll bait .....
Point 1.The metric should surely be ratio of happy to unhappy customers not.number of downloads but please explain that 30x .
it comes across as Trumpian, for want of a better adjective. " We have great downloads, we have the best downloads..... "
How many iOS using people have received the latest update and how many of those have subscribed to the new model?

Last edited by stumped; 04-27-2020 at 03:10 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #50
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
1. Our marketing has paid off actually. We receive 30x the amount of downloads we used to.

2. I'm not a developer

3. We didn't break any guidelines.

4. We are actually shipping great updates now.

5. Sam in marketing will continue on
*SMH*

Don't engage Sam!

We are working hard over here and comments like these can be frustrating. Appreciate the ego check Stumped and we'll keep our head down and keep working hard on improving the app.

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #51
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Don't engage Sam, or, don't engage, Sam. ?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #52
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Don't engage, Sam haha

I'm criticizing my partner for indulging the individual with a response/mindset like that.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #53
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I had the same question. Hope he forgot the comma.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:17 AM   #54
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Sam, it's too soon to boast.
I am not an apple T&C expert. But several posters have raised point 3.

Point 4 is an exaggeration .
You have shipped one update, then a couple of minor bug fixes for immediatly reported new issues. 2.01, 2.02, 2.03 is indicative of one update and. 2 quick fixes

I think your team is finally back on track but early days....

Posters who have made a grand total of one posts here, can safely be ignored ,if said post is basically an attack. Don't feed the trolls.

But as you took the troll bait .....
Point 1.The metric should surely be ratio of happy to unhappy customers not.number of downloads but please explain that 30x .
it comes across as Trumpian, for want of a better adjective. " We have great downloads, we have the best downloads..... "
How many iOS using people have received the latest update and how many of those have subscribed to the new model?
Obviously, the money generated by the total number of subscribers and the money generated by showing ads to those who don't subscribe needs to be enough to pay the bills in order to continue to support the product.

I'm an iOS subscriber. So far, I'm quite pleased with the product. Yes, they are still getting rid of bugs, but that takes time and as far as I can tell, the major bugs are fixed.

IMPO, they got off to a rocky start, but have recovered and are going about things the right way. Fix bugs, then add new features. The most recent fix hasn't been pushed out by Apple yet. That one fixes most of the issues that I spotted. There are still a few what I consider minor bugs that need fixing and some optimizations and UI improvements that hopefully will happen.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote