Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2020, 11:06 PM   #42961
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Watching 39 firewalls update to the latest and greatest firmware. I'm trying to decide if I want to take my shoes and sock off to watch my toenails grow to get more excitement in my life.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #42962
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Mince, peas and spaghetti. Yum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Do you mean mincemeat, or something other? Sounds lovely!
Given the Norfolk location, mince is probably ground beef though one of my old neighbours called any ground meat mince though sometimes he'd call it minced moose (or other type of meat) to be more specific.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #42963
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Given the Norfolk location, mince is probably ground beef though one of my old neighbours called any ground meat mince though sometimes he'd call it minced moose (or other type of meat) to be more specific.
That's why I was asking. I sorta assumed he meant minced/ground meat, but just in CASE he actually meant mincemeat, I had to ask. I mean, that would be a very interesting combo! Scary, perhaps, but different...

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:53 AM   #42964
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
That's why I was asking. I sorta assumed he meant minced/ground meat, but just in CASE he actually meant mincemeat, I had to ask. I mean, that would be a very interesting combo! Scary, perhaps, but different...

Hitch
In this country, mince does mean ground beef (10% fat content). It was basically Spaghetti Bolognese, but I really don't like tomatoes...

I was just adding around 150kg of CO2 to my yearly output of around 10,000 kg of CO2. (I bought some coal.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #42965
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Made my first foray into the office in a few months today to pick up supplies, postage and to do a system password change.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #42966
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In this country, mince does mean ground beef (10% fat content). It was basically Spaghetti Bolognese, but I really don't like tomatoes...
Spag Bolognese, sans tomatoes. Now...that's an interesting new take. :-) Maybe next we'll have Spag Bolognese without pasta! (Just wait. Someone will come along and talk about making it with Zoodles or bean pasta, sure as the sun comes up in the morning...)

Quote:
I was just adding around 150kg of CO2 to my yearly output of around 10,000 kg of CO2. (I bought some coal.)
Shame on you for wanting to stay warm! Shame! Suffer, I say!

/sarcasm

Hitch
Old 12-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #42967
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Basking in the satisfaction of having been offered a new job.
And now I'm adjusting to the fact that I've just signed on with a new employer, and resigned from my current job.

My first working day at my new place will be in January 2021. A new year, and a new start.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #42968
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My quarterly case closing deadline is approaching, where I have to check through all the closed files in my firm from the last quarter to make sure they are compliant for all of our grants. So I am putting my casework on hold for the day and trying to hunker down and get through a lot of them.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #42969
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’m just back from my first haircut since January! I went for the quick strip mall variety, spritz, cut and done, but it still made me pretty uncomfortable. But my hair was out of control and things are only going to continue to get worse, so ....
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #42970
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’m just back from my first haircut since January! I went for the quick strip mall variety, spritz, cut and done, but it still made me pretty uncomfortable. But my hair was out of control and things are only going to continue to get worse, so ....
I'm going to have to do that when they are allowed to re-open. I haven't had my hair this long in decades. It doesn't help that my daughter tells me I look like a hippy as if she was old enough to remember that era.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #42971
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
I actually learned to do this so I could cut my wife's hair. Her's is very straight and easy to manage. We haven't been in a hair salon since last December, I think.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #42972
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I actually learned to do this so I could cut my wife's hair. Her's is very straight and easy to manage. We haven't been in a hair salon since last December, I think.
Does she do your hair, too, or have you let it go (as I did)?

Unfortunately, my hair is thick and coarse and hard to cut. I figure this chop (five inches) will hold me until next fall or post-vaccine, whichever is sooner, at which point I’ll get a “real” cut with some style again. Right now, I look like a cross between a thatched roof cottage and and an Afghan.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #42973
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm going to have to do that when they are allowed to re-open. I haven't had my hair this long in decades. It doesn't help that my daughter tells me I look like a hippy as if she was old enough to remember that era.
I have roots down to the tops of my ears and the other end is some kinda scraggly. (sigh). I wear my hair long, generally, but daaayyam, I look like I've turned into some desert rat.

(sigh).

Hitch
Old 12-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #42974
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You're not alone. Last hair cut was in February. They closed the salons in March the day before my scheduled appointment (= 6 weeks growth). My doctor advised my not going in when the salons reopened - too big of a risk (age & medical conditions).
Head bands and mousse to keep it out of my face. Aging hippie appearance.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #42975
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Does she do your hair, too, or have you let it go (as I did)?

Unfortunately, my hair is thick and coarse and hard to cut. I figure this chop (five inches) will hold me until next fall or post-vaccine, whichever is sooner, at which point I’ll get a “real” cut with some style again. Right now, I look like a cross between a thatched roof cottage and and an Afghan.
I let her do mine as well. She took a good 6 inches off. I wear it pulled back almost all the time, so it hides the unevenesss.

ETA - She has decided I did well enough that I will be continuing to cut her hair. She has also decided she will not be cutting mine again.

Last edited by astrangerhere; 12-05-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?