Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Dimple Android NFC buttons @IndieGoGo

I grabbed a couple of the mini Dimples at Indiegogo to aid me with page turning. I used my volume buttons for a while, but it wasn't comfy and they didn't wear well. Currently I use tilt to turn on Moon+, but it's never been quite ideal for me, just the lesser of evils. My favorite device for ereading was my HTC Touch Pro2. The keyboard could slide out and then tilt so I could hold it just like a book, at which point my thumb was right over the arrow keys, and I turned pages with great ergonomic comfort. I miss that.

I got the old kindle because it had buttons and like them well enough, but I still read as much and sometimes more on my phone. I know buttons aren't for everyone these days, but I figure there must be a few other oddballs out there. Though it's months from shipping, I'm more excited about my Nexus 4 now than when I bought it.

Quote:
DIMPLE is a small sticker or protective case with user-configurable buttons that you attach to the rear side of your Android NFC-enabled gadgets. Buttons can launch apps, change settings, turn on the flashlight and much, much more.
Crowdfunding is always a caveat emptor endeavor. The campaign looks legit to me, but I want this badly enough that I wouldn't care if it was dicey, I'm willing to risk my pledge for custom placed, programmable buttons, no battery needed. You should use your own best judgment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140602110621-compare-table.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	124422   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimple4.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	124423   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimplle1.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	124424  
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Interesting idea. How well do you find that they work?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Interesting idea. How well do you find that they work?
Sorry for the late reply, but mine aren't due to be delivered until September or so, but I'd be happy to pop back in when they arrive and report if you like.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote