Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Old 08-10-2015, 02:10 AM   #32
skinnybins
skinnybins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hey everyone, My Glo is stuck on the last page I was reading and won't respond to any of the regular fixes (resets, et al.) I was hoping to get an image file and see if the might work. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM Sent. But, have you charged it for a while and tried the resets?
Old 09-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #34
extralite
extralite began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
For David For

Hi Davidfor could you please Pm me the image as well for Kobo glo. (bricked a modified one)

thanks a lot.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #36
jhilde
jhilde began at the beginning.

Looks like I will need an image as well. I have an 8Gb SD card in the external slot and the internal SD card is full. The latest firmware update seems to have bricked my Kobo. I am assuming that it is trying to use the internal SD card to perform the upgrade and it can't find enough free space to perform the operation. I tried doing a factory reset and then set up the reader using Kobo Desktop. Everything seemed to work normally. When I ejected the reader and unplugged it from my computer it tried to apply the firmware update but just sat on the updating screen for over half an hour. At that point I tried to power it off and on but it never came back to life. I was going to try replacing the internal card with my larger external one but I am not sure if the internal card has been corrupted or not. I figure my best bet is to apply a known good image to the larger card and then expand the partition to fill the additional space as described in the other thread.

Please PM me a good image or let me know if there are other things I should be trying.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 10-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #38
petramr
petramr began at the beginning.

I also need an image for my Kobo Glo (NOT Kobo Glo HD). I tried to reset (factory reset) my Kobo Glo, it is starting, but there is no reaction when I touch the screen (to choose the language). The computer is not recognising the reader.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:09 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #40
guyp
guyp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi. I also have a bricked Kobo Glo. Can anyone send me an image for my SD Card please?
Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #41
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
For info, I also bricked my Glo last week following an update. The download of the update was deemed successful but there was a plain line on the top of the screen asking me to handle update.

As I have KSM07 starting automatically on rebooting, it offered me to handle the update. I did. Glo is now bricked, sometimes when I plug it to my computer, it flashes green then blue but the screen stays totally blank. It had a good life...

I ordered and received a Kindle Paperwhite 3.

On second thought, I may try to rescue it.

Last edited by roger64; 10-07-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Rescue
Old 10-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

guyp, roger64: PM sent
Old 10-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #43
evile666
evile666 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi Davidfor:
Could you please Pm me the image for Kobo glo? My Glo is bricked.

Thank you so much
Old 10-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But, only one post is needed.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:25 AM   #45
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
For info, I also bricked my Glo last week following an update. The download of the update was deemed successful but there was a plain line on the top of the screen asking me to handle update.

As I have KSM07 starting automatically on rebooting, it offered me to handle the update. I did. Glo is now bricked, sometimes when I plug it to my computer, it flashes green then blue but the screen stays totally blank. It had a good life...

I ordered and received a Kindle Paperwhite 3.

On second thought, I may try to rescue it.
You do no mention whether you tried to factory reset the device. I would try this before opening the case.
Closed Thread