Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #1021
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There was a post from him in the Count Pages plugin thread on Nov. 02.
And if you read @JimmXinu posts above @kiwidude actually supplied one of the recent changes. Which was the change that also broke to sorting of the menus. He also raised something with me a little while ago. And I'd better finish that discussion.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #1022
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Thanks. I had not seen those posts. Good to know Kiwidude is still around and well.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #1023
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Oops, sorry for the list sorting behaviour change, thx for addressing it. As I only use two lists (a default one for books to be loaded on, and a second one which shows what is currently on my Kindle) and my entire purpose of the change was to eliminate the submenu completely for myself I didn't notice.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:11 AM   #1024
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
As I only use two lists
Sorting fewer than two items is trivial.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #1025
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 1.7.1 - 18 Nov 2020
- Bug fix--sort View Lists sub menu.

Version 1.7.0 - 08 Nov 2020
- Apply persist_shortcut to view actions when Calibre >= v5.4 so view shortcuts aren't discarded as easily. Calibre PR #1246
- Fix for not always detecting 'last' or 'first' selected item correctly in Edit.
- New optional list features: Put any List's View action in the PI top menu and an option to not sort the books in list order on view. Thanks to kiwidude himself for these changes.
- Move up/down 10 & to top/bottom of list in Edit List, thanks to snarkophilus for these changes.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #1026
ron_harvey
ron_harvey began at the beginning.

Device: Xoom
Thank you for 1.7.1 list-order fix!

You are the best! Thanks again!

Ronald
ron_harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #1027
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Does anybody know if there a way to see the reading list order on the device? I tried making a catalog - it put the books in alphabetical order. I also considered using the series column but I wasn't sure how (and I'm not sure how it would work if there's already a series).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-21-2020 at 08:03 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #1028
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used Kobo Utilities to "update metadata in device library" and set the subtitle template to Reading List: {#readorder} #{#readorder_index:0>2s}. That seems to have worked.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-21-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #1029
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

New question: Are there any plans to implement better support for tristate boolean (yes/no/undefined) in column update? Trying to set #onkobo:yes when a book is removed from my send-to-device list clears it instead.

I believe the previous workaround was to use bistate bools but I can't find that conversation again.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #1030
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks to me from this post like that is the deliberate behavior for tristate booleans.

I don't have a lot of interest in changes to RL that aren't bug fixes or necessary for Calibre changes.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #1031
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Ah. It seems a bit odd to me, but if it's deliberate....maybe I can convert my #onkobo to a fixed-value text column.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #1032
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I personally used a #noton tag column because I have 3 devices.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #1033
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Instead of a Y/N column, can a numeric column be used to keep track of what's on what Reader such as 1, 2, and 3? Can Reading List populate such a column?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:20 PM   #1034
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I don't see any of my existing integer columns in the "column to update" dropdown, so I don't think so.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #1035
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Since a numeric column can only have 1 value per row, no.

I use a tag-like text column and one later per device list, like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	239
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	184046