Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
jpuntd
jpuntd doesn't litterjpuntd doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
PB902 - wait till battery is empty before charging it?

Today my Pocketbook Pro 902 arrived.

The quick start guide inside the box has the following:

step 1: power on the device

but I noticed that it was already on (or maybe I inadvertently switched it on while taking it out of its cover) and that the language selection screen of the setup wizard was shown. I have completed the setup wizard and then switched the device off.

I remembered reading somewhere that the first charge takes approx.8-12 hours.

Do I need to charge it now before exploring it any further?
Or would it be better to first use the device until the battery is almost empty and then charge it for 8-12 hours?

On th eforums I have found posts suggesting there is no such thing as a memory effect and other posts suggesting you should charge a device for a very long time before first using it.

On the home screen the battery status showed 3 bars filled (of 4?)
jpuntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Johan_V
Johan_V began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook contains a Li-ion battery. It does not matter how you charge/use it, there is no memory effect. You can use it right away, provided there is enough charge.
Johan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
I got two of those 902, and I am trying to charge them, but nothing happens:
Already charging for more than 25 hours (mostly switched off) - the amber light indicating that still charging, and the horizontal battery indicator in the right lower corner of the screen for both units seems to indicate full (or empty): there are 5 black bars displayed.
I did not check what was the status before charging, found this indicator only after a few hours of charging.
So perhaps black bars means full rather than empty.

Anyway, if black bars mean full:
- why the full battery is not detected and the charging not stopped, or, if stopped, why not indicated by the led (it is supposed to go green or go off - the makers of the device don't know even that for sure - but it stays amber).

If black bars mean empty:
- why the battery is not being charged, or if it is, why the indicator on the screen is not working.

Anyway, the devices are working fine, so probably they are charged.
I think I will stop charging, not sure if it is good for the battery if for some reason the charging is actually still continuing.

The best probably would be to try to drain the battery with mp3 through the built-in speaker and see if the indicator changes

Last edited by parkher; 12-09-2010 at 06:17 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the battery is fully charged. the LED has not changed indication because there is a "bug" that will be fixed in a firmware update.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Ok, thanks
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert