Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
How do I get rid of these annoying symbols?

The below is what it looks like when I copy and paste from Libre Office (OS is Xubuntu/Linux) to Kboards website. The symbols (as far as can tell) are for apostrophes and emdashes). How can I get rid of them? (Kboards is the only place I seem to have this problem.) Thanks.

Seventeen-year-old Annie Rebarchek is thrilled when billionaire Houston Monroe hires her as a nanny for the summer. But something�s not right. Monroe�s baby is feeble and cries constantly. When Annie confronts Monroe about it, he fires her. She runs to the police but, intimidated by Monroe�s power, they shrug off her concern. Then Annie discovers Monroe is conducting eugenics experiments. So she disguises herself as a member of a TV news crew at his mansion for an interview, nabs the baby and flees.

The headlines scream: Monroe Baby Kidnapped! The billionaire broadcasts a ten million dollar reward. The sheriff and his deputies hunt the two of them, and vigilante mobs roam the valley. Only the baby clinging to her like Velcro keeps Annie running. Her only hope: exposing Monroe�s deadly abuse before it�s too late�for her and the baby.

or

Seventeen-year-old Annie Rebarchek is thrilled when billionaire Houston Monroe hires her as a nanny for the summer. But something�s not right. Monroe�s baby is feeble and cries constantly. When Annie confronts Monroe about it, he goes into a rage and tells her to mind her own business. She tells her father but he thinks she�s exaggerating. Annie knows something is suspicious, but what? The next day she discovers something that makes her skin crawl. She nabs the baby and flees.

Now she�s on the run. Her only hope is exposing Monroe�s deadly evil before it�s too late�for her and the baby.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
A down-and-dirty answer would be to say: Don't use "curly quotes" and "em dashes" and "curly apostrophes" in Libre. Apparently KBoards doesn't like special characters. (You probably have to use the &XXX; HTML coding to get them to be visible).

I'm sure there's a way to find and replace what's already there, but I don't use KBoards.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
A down-and-dirty answer would be to say: Don't use "curly quotes" and "em dashes" and "curly apostrophes" in Libre. Apparently KBoards doesn't like special characters. (You probably have to use the &XXX; HTML coding to get them to be visible).

I'm sure there's a way to find and replace what's already there, but I don't use KBoards.
Thanks Fizzy. Somebody at Kboards had this:

http://dan.hersam.com/tools/smart-quotes.html

It gets the job done. (And Kboards acknowledges they have the problem but the solution they came up with has them fearful of breaking something else.)
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote