Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Page advancing in Library

I always thought the only way to advance through pages while in the Library was using the slider or the buttons next to it. But when I was in the book library right now, I instinctively just went to swipe the page to advance without thinking and it worked! But only on Shelves it seems, when in Books, the screen is totally unresponsive and it doesn't work. When at the last page on Shelves, swiping to go forward takes you to the first page in a loop. It's pretty nice.

The really odd thing about this is when on Shelves, the swipe works even in the dead center zone that usually brings up the menu while reading. And not only does the swipe work from left-right and right-left as it should, it also works from top-bottom to advance and bottom-top to go back a page.

Is this some secret I've just been unaware of? I'm still on 2.5.1 btw.

The swipe has the slight delay, but playing with it for awhile now, I've never once had to redo the swipe like I do when reading. If they can get it working so perfectly for Shelves, why not in books? It often takes up to 4 swipes to turn a page, multiple swipes is more common for me than single swipes.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I think swiping has changed a bit in the latest firmware, it just seems a bit more fluid. I have found no delay at all when swiping either in books or in the library listings, and it works reliably anywhere on the screen, even with just a very short swipe.

I'm starting to prefer swiping to tapping now, as I don't need to think about where on the screen I am tapping to turn a page, and don't need to worry about hitting a link by mistake.

Last edited by GeoffR; 07-30-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
For me vertical swipes is easier than horizontal swipes to turn pages. Lots of experience with this on my Sony T1 because taps to change pages does not work on T1 readers.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote