Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #2656
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCaringi View Post
I was reading this post: <the post no one in their right mind would ever use>
And It says: "Factory resetting your Kindle will remove your jailbreak. You will have to follow this tutorial over again"

Im not sure, but I think I did it... crap, Did I make a terrible mistake?
Yeah, right!
That is about as accurate as anything else in that thread.
So at least the author is consistent.

= = = =

coplate has built a special package, specifically for the people who can not keep their finger off of the reset button.
Attached to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4

Put at top, visible, USB storage level.
Remove USB cord.
UYK menu entry or just re-boot the machine, which will load the package during start-up.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #2657
MrCaringi
Venezuelan
MrCaringi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (B0D4 Series)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yeah, right!
That is about as accurate as anything else in that thread.
So at least the author is consistent.

= = = =

coplate has built a special package, specifically for the people who can not keep their finger off of the reset button.
Attached to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4

Put at top, visible, USB storage level.
Remove USB cord.
UYK menu entry or just re-boot the machine, which will load the package during start-up.
Thanks a Lot,

What I meant, I remember getting some errors when trying to open AWZ3 files one year ago, but not sure if a did a restart - or a Factory rebot; but once I was able to open those books, I didnt try to reinstall al the things.

Well I tryed whit that file, but a got an "ERROR 007" message,

Does it make sense to you?

--- UPDATE

Now I get this:

crap.... Droxbox public folder isnt working anymore.... It seems like I was living under a rock for a whole year

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp7rzcn721...54-05.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by MrCaringi; 02-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.
MrCaringi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #2658
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do not have a clue.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #2659
MrCaringi
Venezuelan
MrCaringi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (B0D4 Series)
Quote:
I do not have a clue.
well that hurts me...

SHoul I to forgot about JB from a 5.8.11 PW2?
MrCaringi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #2660
knc1
Going Viral

There is only one pair of actions, which must be done in the following order, that will remove the jail break:
1) Press "Reset" (removes all of the auto-reinstall code)
2) Install an Amazon image update file.
That is the ONLY WAY the jail break can be damaged.

If you did not do the above two actions, in the above order, your Kindle is still jail broken.

I do not know what those error numbers are, I do not have a PW2 to learn about them.
But since they are triggered by coplate's package, I would post in his thread that distributes the packages, ask him what the problem is.
(or just try the package in post #5 rather than the one in post #4).
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #2661
fabman
fabman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite, kindle dx graphite, Kobo Aura One
Does this hack works with the Kindle Oasis 2017?, it's pretty annoying not having the cover of the books on the screensaver anymore. :-(
fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:02 AM   #2662
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
Does this hack works with the Kindle Oasis 2017?, it's pretty annoying not having the cover of the books on the screensaver anymore. :-(
How is that suppose to be our fault?
If you are dissatisfied with your Kindle, tell Amazon.

When, if ever, this add-in is ready for the KOA2, the fact will be published.
So until you find "Yes" posted, assume "No".
Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #2663
fabman
fabman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite, kindle dx graphite, Kobo Aura One
I didn't mean to imply it was your fault, sorry, english is my second language. I meant "It's pretty annoying on Amazon's part to not allow to set the cover of the book currently reading on the screensaver"

Also, I told amazon already I'm not satisfied with not been able to set the cover of the book as screensaver.

Quote:
How is that suppose to be our fault?
If you are dissatisfied with your Kindle, tell Amazon.

When, if ever, this add-in is ready for the KOA2, the fact will be published.
So until you find "Yes" posted, assume "No".
fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #2664
bobcat4
bobcat4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
landscape mode with last page screensaver

If the device go to sleep and the last viewed page was in landscape mode then the screen has been garbled. Is it a known issue?
bobcat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #2665
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
I didn't mean to imply it was your fault, sorry, english is my second language. I meant "It's pretty annoying on Amazon's part to not allow to set the cover of the book currently reading on the screensaver"

Also, I told amazon already I'm not satisfied with not been able to set the cover of the book as screensaver.
Sorry, I misread what you had written.
I have it now:
You are annoyed with Amazon, not annoyed with the behavior of the screensaver on your device.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #2666
grant3
grant3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
First, upload the appropriate install .bin file for your device (Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin for a PW2 or a KT2 or a KV or a PW3 or a KOA or a KT3, the other one for a Touch or a PW1) to the root directory of your Kindle.

Now, eject & unplug your Kindle, and go to [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. It should take a couple dozen of seconds.

Note that if you have KUAL set up and running, you're welcome to use our very own MR Package Installer, which may speed up the process if you're installing multiple things .
IMPORTANT: Remember that on FW >= 5.5.x, using MRPI is REQUIRED to install custom packages!
These instructions are really confusing me.

1. My Kindle Voyage doesn't have an "Update Your Kindle" option as described
2. I do have KUAL + MRPI installed, but the link doesn't explain how to use it to install the screen saver hack
3. What is the point of the Python file? Do I need that when I just want custom screensavers?

I put both of these in the "mrpackages" directory on my kindle, and nothing is done with them:

Code:
Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3.bin
Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3.bin
Advice would be appreciated!
grant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #2667
knc1
Going Viral

"Nothing is done with them" ???
In response to what??
Your triggering MrPI from its KUAL menu entry??
Your triggering MrPI from is search bar command:
;log mrpi
??(the semi-colon is part of the command).
Old 02-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #2668
grant3
grant3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
"Nothing is done with them" ???
In response to what??
Your triggering MrPI from its KUAL menu entry??
Your triggering MrPI from is search bar command:
;log mrpi
??(the semi-colon is part of the command).
Nothing is done in response to restarting my Kindle.

I cannot find KUAL listed as one of my books. Looking in the KUAL thread it appears it's disabled in 5.9.x versions until the fine developers here can make a new version

I don't know about this search bar command though it's not in the install instructions? I typed ";log mrpi" into the search bar and still no change.

probably i should wait for the new KUAL version to be ready
grant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #2669
doctorat
doctorat began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 , Pocketbook InkPad 2
Hi! I have SS Hack on PW3 with 5.8.11 firmware. Jailbreaked, latest KUAL, MrPI, python with latest versions from "Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks", and modified kfxmeta.py by knc1. Have the SS in cover mode but instead of book cover it just shows what's on the screen when I put it to sleep?
doctorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #2670
knc1
Going Viral

What of the troubleshooting things listed in the first post have you tried?
Has the ss add-in ever worked on this device?
If yes, what has changed since then?

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch