Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-13-2023, 03:07 AM   #1
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cannot open .acsm file

I have installed ADE on a new computer. I have two books that I already successfully borrowed and put in my library. However, I just borrowed a book and when I click on the .acsm file it opens the library but nothing happens. No error message or anything - just nothing. Further, the other two books now do not appear in the library when they did just yesterday. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE and put in my authorization information, which was accepted. I am stumped, any suggestions?
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:24 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have to open the .acsm file with ADE. The file is a pointer so ADE can download the DRM infected eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:40 AM   #3
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have to open the .acsm file with ADE. The file is a pointer so ADE can download the DRM infected eBook.
Yes, I understand. But I have ADE installed and when I click on the .acsm file the Library opens but is empty.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Yes, I understand. But I have ADE installed and when I click on the .acsm file the Library opens but is empty.
You have .acsm files associated incorrectly. They should be associated with Adobe Digital Editions.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:42 PM   #5
Jane A
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have .acsm files associated incorrectly. They should be associated with Adobe Digital Editions.
When I write click the .acsm file and ask to open with ADE it opens the library but nothing happens after that. Isn't sending it to ADE associating it with Digital Editions? There is no error message.

Further, I had it working with two previous library books and now they are gone. Only one had expired. It's still working on my old computer, but it's a real pain using it when I had wanted to get rid of it.
Old 08-13-2023, 08:52 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
When I write click the .acsm file and ask to open with ADE it opens the library but nothing happens after that. Isn't sending it to ADE associating it with Digital Editions? There is no error message.

Further, I had it working with two previous library books and now they are gone. Only one had expired. It's still working on my old computer, but it's a real pain using it when I had wanted to get rid of it.
Turn off your AV and firewall and then try ADE again.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:02 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Try the following.
  • Download the ,acsm file.
  • Right clock on it and select Open With.
  • Select Adobe Digital Editions. If you don't see it in the list, select Choose another app and choose ADE.
  • The ePub should download via ADE.