Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #61
daddyjones
daddyjones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The python function that returns information about the OS platform is failing for some reason on your system.

That information is only being displayed for debugging. In the next release of this plugin I will have it continue even when this error occurs.
Excellent - thanks!
daddyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #62
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 1.5.0 - 25 Jun 2018

Create KFX-ZIP format during import even if additional files that make up the book cannot be located. This prevents potential confusion when books from Kindle for PC/Mac in KFX format fail to import, previously resulting in AZW format.

Improve error messages associated with unsuccessful import of books in KFX format.

Support books containing unicode characters with code points outside of the basic multilingual plane, such as emoji.

Retain original image file names when converting KPF files produced by Kindle Create.

Prevent conversion failure when unexpected quoting of font names is encountered. Fixes conversion error: "Incorrectly quoted font name: 'arial"

Prevent conversion failure when the OS platform on which the plugin is running cannot be properly determined.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #63
mamiiii
mamiiii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
Thanks for your work!!

Maybe you can help me.
When I try to load the KFX input plugin in the Calibre, a message of error appears, saying that "A builtin plugin with the name 'EPUB Input' already exists.
The only thing I can do is accept it and doesn´t load it.
Of course it exists a plugin with this name in the original version...

Didn't have any problem adding the DeDRM plugin or with the previous removal of DRM without KFX.

What can I do?

Many Thanks!!!!
mamiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 AM   #64
mamiiii
mamiiii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
I did!!
My fault: very old version Calibre.

Sorry!!
mamiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #65
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiiii View Post
I did!!
My fault: very old version Calibre.

Sorry!!
Glad you got it figured out.
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #66
bkennelly
bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Considering the plugin has the "convert to epub" integrated, it might be useful to add a "save as epub" option for input. (Maybe a choice of "KFX", "ePub", "Both".)

This would avoid the need for using the CLI to avoid double conversions.
bkennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #67
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkennelly View Post
Considering the plugin has the "convert to epub" integrated, it might be useful to add a "save as epub" option for input. (Maybe a choice of "KFX", "ePub", "Both".)
The calibre conversion plugin API allows for only a single format as the result of a conversion. I am not going to try to work around that limitation.

------

Upon reflection it occurred to me that you are probably referring to when happens when a book in KFX format is imported. It would possible to perform conversion to EPUB at that point without breaking the calibre API. It would have to be KFX or EPUB, not both. I will consider that for a future plugin release.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-04-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #68
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.6.0 - 20 Jul 2018

When converting to EPUB report in the log if the book contains any PDF resources. This can occur for print replica books.

Allow book content and resources to be unpacked and extracted as a ZIP archive using the command line interface.

Fix bug introduced in version 1.4.0 that causes incorrect styles to be produced for drop caps.

Support additional KFX features.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #69
SGerlach
SGerlach began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on LG cell phone
Forgive me if this has been asked before - I didn't find it but I admit I skimmed the previous comments, so I may have missed it.

I am trying to convert an imported KPF to EPUB, and I keep getting this conversion failed error: Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31.

Here's where I admit I'm not terribly techie when it comes to coding, so can you help me figure out why I keep getting this error? It's my own book I'm converting; I'm running the latest version of Calibre and the KPF Input plugin (just updated both today). My other files converted just fine; I'm only having trouble with this one. Thank you!
SGerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #70
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGerlach View Post
I am trying to convert an imported KPF to EPUB, and I keep getting this conversion failed error: Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31.
That error indicates that there is something in the KPF file that I have not encountered before and so the plugin may not be able to handle it properly. I might be able to tell more from the conversion log.

You can try to convert the file anyway, ignoring the error, by selecting the option "Allow conversions to complete even if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion options dialog. Hopefully it will convert properly.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #71
SGerlach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That error indicates that there is something in the KPF file that I have not encountered before and so the plugin may not be able to handle it properly. I might be able to tell more from the conversion log.
I was able to convert following your directions. I'm not sure how I can get a conversion log for you for the non-completing job (or a completing job, for that matter).
Old 07-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #72
SGerlach

Quote:
I was able to convert following your directions. I'm not sure how I can get a conversion log for you for the non-completing job (or a completing job, for that matter).
Oh, I figured it out. Here it is:
Spoiler:

calibre Debug log
calibre 3.28 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && KFX Input (1, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 21, 0) && KFX Output (1, 21, 0)
calibre 3.28 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 6, 0) && KFX Input (1, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 21, 0) && KFX Output (1, 21, 0)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 95.6235294118 x 95.5818815331
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.01] Showing splash screen...
[1.00] splash screen shown
[1.00] Initializing db...
[1.23] db initialized
[1.23] Constructing main UI...
[12.42] main UI initialized...
[12.42] Hiding splash screen
[21.12] splash screen hidden
[21.12] Started up in 21.12 seconds with 18 books
Worker Launch took: 0.211999893188
Job: 1 Convert book 1 of 1 (Burning Books) finished
Convert book 1 of 1 (Burning Books)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
output_profile: 'kindle'
cover: u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _ne_ims\\adiuhw.jpeg'
verbose: 2
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _ne_ims\\0wqzjx.opf'
debug_pipeline: u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\OneDrive\\Calibre'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 3.28.0
{'allow_conversion_with_errors': False,
'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _ne_ims\\adiuhw.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\OneDrive\\Calibre',
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'epub_version': u'2',
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x06DE9270>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOutput object at 0x06DE95D0>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\Sharon\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _ne_ims\\0wqzjx.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: KFX Input running
on C:\Users\Sharon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_ne_ims\ f_nsbd.kpf
Software versions: KFX Input 1.6.0, calibre 3.28, Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0
KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290
Converting C:\Users\Sharon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_ne_ims\ f_nsbd.kpf
Processing container: C:\Users\Sharon\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_ne_ims\ f_nsbd.kpf
Removed 3 KDF SQLite file fingerprint(s)
Found gc_fragment_properties table
Found gc_reachable table
Built approximate location_map with 5062 locations
kfxgen version: KC-1.8.50.0/kfxlib-20180720
ERROR: Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31
Features: CanonicalFormat-2, kfxgen.textBlock-1, max_id-753, reflow-style-1
Metadata: author=, book_id=XvIaxo6FS9GSWhURLRUNqw1, creator_version=1.8.50.0, file_creator=KC, is_sample=False, language=en-US, override_kindle_font=False, publisher=, reading_orders=1, selection=enabled, title=
Converting book to EPUB 2.0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 98, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 201, in convert_from_kfx
Exception: Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31
Python function terminated unexpectedly
{"level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Burning Books</b><br><br>Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31", "det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed"} (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 33, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1106, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 106, in convert
calibre.ebooks.conversion.ConversionUserFeedBack: {"level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Burning Books</b><br><br>Unknown symbols feature: local_yj-31", "det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed"}

Worker Launch took: 0.175999879837

Last edited by theducks; 07-20-2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Please use Spoiler tags
Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 PM   #73
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh, I figured it out. Here it is:
Thanks for that.

I can see from the log that there isn't anything in the book that will cause a problem with conversion so I will release a new version of the plugin that will no longer fail on that condition.

Version 1.6.1 - 20 Jul 2018

Prevent conversion failure when a book contains an unexpected symbol count.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-20-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:07 AM   #74
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi jhowell, first of all... great job!! Your plug-in in conjunction with DeDRM works perfectly

A little question...Is it not possible to modify Calibre for adding a kfx ebook from "Device" using your fantastic plug-in? At the end of the import phase it would be very useful also update "On Device" and "In Library" columns....

I ask this because I have modified the Kindle Collections plug-in to import the collections (exported with LibrarianSync plug-in) also for the kfx ebook but now I have to manually "link" every kfx ebooks on device with the corresponding version into Calibre library (using "match book to library" function)

Thanks

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #75
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Is it not possible to modify Calibre for adding a kfx ebook from "Device" using your fantastic plug-in? At the end of the import phase it would be very useful also update "On Device" and "In Library" columns....
The association of books on a device with those in the library is handled by calibre itself. This sort of plugin is not the right place to deal with those issues.

The best way to handle this is through an update to the calibre source code. That isn't something that I have an interest in working on.